New World MMO

Man of Honour
Nice steam player count and it keeps rising. MMOs are still in huge demand devs are leaving so much money on the table.

Theres definitely still a demand out there for a new MMO, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Newer MMOers are still looking for the next juggernaut of MMOs and oldschooler MMOers are still looking for something to recapture the golden age of MMOs (most likely Pantheon) so yeah theres certainly still money to be made out there for an MMO.

Man of Honour
Wow 3000, thats a lot not.

Probably about the right amount for the size of the gameworld though, its not a very big gameworld by MMO standards so its not like they can go cramming in several thousand players or everything would just be swarmed and with 3 factions I guess a number divisible by 3 makes sense (assuming that they are going to faction balance the population, rather than just have 2000 covenant players logged in and the other 2 factions are then stuffed and outnumbered 4 to 1)

Man of Honour
Can anyone who has managed to log in confirm whether or not you can now choose your starting location so that you can start in the same place as your friends or do you still start in a random place and have to run across the zones to meet your friends?

Caporegime
Isnt the 2000 the total server cap rather than a zonal cap? An MMO having a zone cap of 2000 but other zones having different caps would be a first.
I'm queueing for "the open world" I've seen people queueing as "new player" and "starting zone"

Open world queue isnt moving any faster 100 > 55 has taken hours.

no one is getting afk kicked, very few people leave the server

yes the game is supposed to kick afk people but I guess there's an easy work around like a macro that keeps you active.

in FFXIV they would go around manually kicking people

I think I just give up until tomorrow at this rate

Man of Honour
I'm queueing for "the open world" I've seen people queueing as "new player" and "starting zone"

Open world queue isnt moving any faster 100 > 55 has taken hours.

no one is getting afk kicked, very few people leave the server

yes the game is supposed to kick afk people but I guess there's an easy work around like a macro that keeps you active.

in FFXIV they would go around manually kicking people

Wouldnt surprise me if its that old nugget of detecting someone as being afk if they arent moving, meaning that you can circumvent it by autorunning into an object

Caporegime
Wouldnt surprise me if its that old nugget of detecting someone as being afk if they arent moving, meaning that you can circumvent it by autorunning into an object
I saw someone running into a corner of a settlement earlier but only the one. I doubt many would go afk in the first hour though.

shame servers got rebooted or I would have been on the whole time :( I got robbed lol....

game seemed fun though.

btw when all the other region servers came online my queue didn't feel any impact.

any americans on our server are probably staying lul... I guess they would mostly play different hours though.

I noticed one of the NA servers my ping was only 100 ms to it and 40ms to europe.

I bet Americans probably don't even feel the lag

Man of Honour
btw when all the other region servers came online my queue didn't feel any impact.

Doesnt surprise me, the biggest US streamer that I was watching was playing on an EU server, he kept saying that when the US server came up he would swap onto it but he's still playing on the EU server at the moment anyway, I guess because he has levelled up a bit now and doesnt want to restart from 1.

Soldato
Doesnt surprise me, the biggest US streamer that I was watching was playing on an EU server, he kept saying that when the US server came up he would swap onto it but he's still playing on the EU server at the moment anyway, I guess because he has levelled up a bit now and doesnt want to restart from 1.

They also don't want to risk losing viewers that don't want to see them sat in a queue / re-doing content they've just watched. They're the worst in gaming society.

Man of Honour
They also don't want to risk losing viewers that don't want to see them sat in a queue / re-doing content they've just watched. They're the worst in gaming society.

One of the reasons why I like Cohhcarnage so much, he played the New World beta, decided that the game didnt have enough depth for him and was missing some vital mechanics and said that he wasnt going to play it at release even though he could get 10s of thousands of viewers if he did. Glad to see he has stuck to his principles on that today and hasnt just caved in to cash in on the current viewerbase, nothing worse than a streamer who bandwagons for views.

Caporegime
btw what faction are the people on bifrost going?, do people need to decide early then get locked in to that faction for the rest of the game?
R0HJ25K.jpg
got to 5th was 55 an hour ago.

seems it finally started moving but I don't really have time to play anymore.
maybe tomorrow I won't sit in a queue for 7 hours

One of the reasons why I like Cohhcarnage so much, he played the New World beta, decided that the game didnt have enough depth for him and was missing some vital mechanics and said that he wasnt going to play it at release even though he could get 10s of thousands of viewers if he did. Glad to see he has stuck to his principles on that today and hasnt just caved in to cash in on the current viewerbase, nothing worse than a streamer who bandwagons for views.
most streamers are obsessed with growing their subs though.

Watch XQC sometime, get's 80k-100k+ viewers and runs adverts at the worst possible moments on his screen to troll anyone not paying a sub.

doods already a multi millionaire and still hits that add revenue hard.

I find it hard to watch twitch, seems everyone only cares for the money and never has enough

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Almost nailed that Pennywise the Clown face :D

most streamers are obsessed with growing their subs though.

Watch XQC sometime, get's 80k-100k+ viewers and runs adverts at the worst possible moments on his screen to troll anyone not paying a sub.

doods already a multi millionaire and still hits that add revenue hard.

I find it hard to watch twitch, seems everyone only cares for the money and never has enough

yeah you are right there, Cohh is definitely more the exception than the rule.

Associate
I do find it strange that it's max 2k players per server seems a huge oversight.

and then you have queues of 8-15k trying to get into a server that can only hold 2k max players anyway.

Back
Top Bottom