Anyone ever biked to Heathrow?

Man of Honour
I’m flying away for the day on Saturday from T5. Leaving early morning and returning the same night. I have read that motorbike parking is free at Heathrow. Has anyone here used it and can comment on whether or not it is sheltered and how secure it is?

Also, what do you do with your gear? Helmet, jacket, pants and boots.

Man of Honour
OP
Very helpful, thank you. I was going to leave my gear in left luggage but they close at 20:00 and if my return flight is delayed at all I’ll be stuck. If only I had a top box!

Soldato
Very helpful, thank you. I was going to leave my gear in left luggage but they close at 20:00 and if my return flight is delayed at all I’ll be stuck. If only I had a top box!
Can you try and keep your riding gear as casual as possible? If I was going to park up at an airport for my flight I’d wear jeans, boots and a jacket, something I can fly in as well as ride in.

That only leaves your helmet then, have a look when you get there and see if other riders have left their helmet secured to their bike?

Associate
A lot of bikes have helmet holders under the seat to secure it to the pillion, so if you trust that other bikers aren't going to fiddle with your lid, that might be an option.

Man of Honour
OP
Can you try and keep your riding gear as casual as possible? If I was going to park up at an airport for my flight I’d wear jeans, boots and a jacket, something I can fly in as well as ride in.

That only leaves your helmet then, have a look when you get there and see if other riders have left their helmet secured to their bike?

A lot of bikes have helmet holders under the seat to secure it to the pillion, so if you trust that other bikers aren't going to fiddle with your lid, that might be an option.

Dressing casually makes a lot of sense practically, but I’m an ATGATT rider, including a Helite air vest. I’m not sure I trust the good folk who frequent the Heathrow area to not nick my stuff.

£8.50 for 24 hours, just make sure it's all in a bag.

https://www.airwise.com/airports/uk/heathrow/luggage
That will be perfect if they are open past 20:00. I’ll give them a call. Thanks.

Caporegime

That's gonna have some interesting things in it when you come back :p

Click flim it and put it in a helmet bag you can get various levels of security from jat nylon to wire mesh

Caporegime
Dressing casually makes a lot of sense practically, but I’m an ATGATT rider, including a Helite air vest. I’m not sure I trust the good folk who frequent the Heathrow area to not nick my stuff.

That will be perfect if they are open past 20:00. I’ll give them a call. Thanks.

John doe is pretty good for casual look and solid protection I've gone down the m62 in thier gear and come out fine

Associate
I’m flying away for the day on Saturday from T5. Leaving early morning and returning the same night. I have read that motorbike parking is free at Heathrow. Has anyone here used it and can comment on whether or not it is sheltered and how secure it is?

Also, what do you do with your gear? Helmet, jacket, pants and boots.

I work at Heathrow and use my bike when the weather permits. There are two bike parks I use the north one as you can look your bike to a steel frame and there is CCTV. As you approach the terminal from the M25 slip go over the roundabout but stay in the L/H lane and filter left where the taxis are. Keep in the R/H lane. The bike park is opposite the hotel.

The YT video is spot on.

Hope this helps

Matt

Back
Top Bottom