Spec me a .... etc

Man of Honour
Alright folks,

I have never been a one to buy brand spanker vehicles and have always bought used. I currently drive a Passat cc which has served me well but is at the age and mileage that I am thinking of moving on. My budget will be around 10k.

In the past I have had a couple of Audi A4s and haven't got much desire to have another. I have never owned a Beemer as they never used to appeal however that has changed in the last couple of years and the same goes for Merc. other cars I have owned from the year dot have been a Peugeot 205, Ford Fiesta, Peugeot 306dt, Audi A4, Jaguar X Type and various others and have never tied myself down to a particular make or model.

My only real stipulation is that it be a diesel and while not a must, preferably an auto as I love the DSG box on the Passat.

Beemer 3 series or Merc C or E class is tickling me at the minute however I am no expert and happily bow to the superior knowledge on this here forum. Any advice would be appreciated.

Man of Honour
I can't imagine you'll get much worth bothering with of any of those three in the current market for 10k. The price of everything is really quite silly at the moment.

Associate
If you don't need to change right now I really wouldn't be entertaining the idea until the market gets back to some sense of normality, if that ever occurs.

Man of Honour
OP
Have you tried reading the thread? ;)

Has the E class treated you well, Von?
Hello matey. Bar stuff that wears and needs replacing, it has been spot on. Failed its last MOT on a tyre, handbrake needed a tweak and a new back arm.

It's only in the last few years that I have started to like Mercs - getting older - but I do like it.

Associate
Our neighbour, the car salesman, bought a £10K 350D E Class coupe having not had a Mercedes before. He absolutely loved everything about it but had to sell it on due to the ULEZ expansion. He was gutted.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Our neighbour, the car salesman, bought a £10K 350D E Class coupe having not had a Mercedes before. He absolutely loved everything about it but had to sell it on due to the ULEZ expansion. He was gutted.

I'm not sure what they expect to achieve with ULEZ, except revenue. A lot of struggling people are being priced off the roads.

Back
Top Bottom