It's funny how (fuel shortages)

V F

V F

Soldato
It’s fine, Boris says supplies are now stabilising. In the meantime Junction 21 M1 services near me are completely out of fuel and all surrounding petrol stations.

Politicians never has issues or traffic where they live. Their world is just fine.

Caporegime
Had day off work getting car fixed, driving to garage in Shirley/Solihull most stations were empty, M&S garage had some and there was a queue, not too long but on the Stratford Road, police should have been managing that imo as its a really busy main road in the area. But to counter that I would say there were fewer cars for that time of rush hour imo, maybe people WFH or saving petrol car pooling?

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...lectric-car-inquiries-soar-fuel-supply-crisis

Classic photo :)

Went through Shirley yesterday and there was a massive queue to get to Sainsbury's and the Shell opposite didn't have any.

Man of Honour
You'd be unlucky if the car didn't last at least an hour running accessories without the engine on. I do know people who've run into problems with longer traffic jams etc. in the several hours where they've ended up running the battery down and having to be jump started though :s

Man of Honour
What about start stop? In a very long queue I suppose you'd be best to turn it off
In a long queue it would turn the engine back on anyway to stop you flattening your battery and it also doesn't kick in again until you've reached a certain speed around 8mph IIRC in my car.

Soldato
In a long queue it would turn the engine back on anyway to stop you flattening your battery and it also doesn't kick in again until you've reached a certain speed around 8mph IIRC in my car.
In mine it doesn't use the battery at all, only turns back on of heading or AC demand it.

Back
Top Bottom