• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, sees chip shortage easing by next year

Caporegime
Well lets hope she is right because 100% over RRP for GPU's can't go on forever, it will kill PC gaming if it goes on much longer.

• The global semiconductor shortage will start to ease in 2022, Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) CEO Lisa Su spoke at the Code Conference in Beverly Hills, California.
  • “We’ve always gone through cycles of ups and downs, where demand has exceeded supply, or vice versa,” Su said at the conference. “This time, it’s different”.
  • The improvements will be gradual as more manufacturing capacity becomes available, Su said.
  • In FY22, the global semiconductor market is projected to grow by 10.1% to $606B, driven by double-digit growth of the Memory category.
  • “Consolidation is inevitable,” Su said.
  • Earlier, Elon Musk also upgraded global chip shortage to just a 'short-term' problem.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/37452..._source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=RTA+News+Smart

Soldato
I'll believe it when I see it. So far it's got worse not better for silicon and other components. It's not like she will say it's getting worse for them as a company. Also by the time she is stating new generation parts are being introduced and made, so back to square one with high demand statements from these companies as the excuses for no stock and high street prices. Next gen pricing and supply will be a bad joke.

Associate
@humbug

Your sauce definitely isn't HP. Check the original sauce :D

She actually said
The global chip shortage will become less severe in the second half of 2022, AMD CEO Lisa Su said on Monday, though she warned that the first half of the year will be “likely tight.”
Unfortunately both Nvidia and AMD keep pushing these estimates back.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/27/amd-ceo-lisa-su-says-chip-shortage-likely-to-end-next-year.html

More like 2023.
You're probably right the way things are going :(

Associate
She also said that every gamer would be able to buy
a 6800 XT at launch but that never happened either, in fact it made Nvidia's paper launch look like the real deal.

Caporegime
She also said that every gamer would be able to buy
a 6800 XT at launch but that never happened either, in fact it made Nvidia's paper launch look like the real deal.

Yup was laughable that, so much for there being plenty of stock and at MSRP eh.... :o

Associate
After the Nvidia launch I really couldn't believe the AMD's would be worse, how wrong could you be :cry: , I was holding out for a 6800XT but as they were non existent I went for the 3080FE, it took a few months but I still had it before I saw any AMD cards available.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yep. There have been loads of opportunities to get Nvidia FE cards at MSRP, they even came with codes you could sell at the start. I do not see with AMD. I just see lots of pictures with them in miners rigs. Maybe AMD sell direct to them :cry:

Soldato
Associate
They may be available in 2023 but the prices will likely be much higher due to inflation caused by rampant central bank money printing.

Soldato
In normal circumstances most people couldn't care less about AMD graphics cards. Now that their favourite brand Nvidia is in short supply, they're moaning they can't resort to AMD.

Associate
In normal circumstances most people couldn't care less about AMD graphics cards. Now that their favourite brand Nvidia is in short supply, they're moaning they can't resort to AMD.
i prefer my gfx card not to be hot enough to fry an egg on it thats why i like to go nvidia usually but this time they added the gddr6x memory to match amd in the egg frying business

Associate
That was other amd employees.
TBH I thought she said it on the release event.

I've never had a problem with either companies GPU's and had the AMD cards actually been available at launch I would have bought a 6800XT.

Associate
i prefer my gfx card not to be hot enough to fry an egg on it thats why i like to go nvidia usually but this time they added the gddr6x memory to match amd in the egg frying business

Nvidia been dominating the GPU high end market for a while so its not hard to see why, 6900XT and 6800XT are actually competing with the best cards Nvidai has to offer this time.

Back
Top Bottom