It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Man of Honour
I meant to restart the car doesn't require the battery or starter, so you can use it a lot more than normal.
Ah I get you now, true. I'd forgotten about the systems that use something along the lines of basically kickstarting the engine using it's own compression

Man of Honour
As a mechanic I love stop start, people think they're saving money until I give them the bills for starter motors, ring gears or heavy duty batteries. Disabled it immediately on the wife's car.
Yep I disabled it on my own car. Left it enabled on the lease car as that will be someone elses problem in a few years :)

Soldato
Had to drive past 4 stations but finally got fuel. Would have been stuffed if they hadn't as I could tell my car was about to cut out.

I noticed people were putting like £7 in, either they were being stingy or they were topping off their tanks

Soldato
Finally got fuel when my girlfriend noticed on her journey a few cars were filling up at a local petrol station opened for locals only. Very covert operation as it was coned off with empty written on all the pumps and no queues. Thank God for the country bumpkin code of secresy lol.:cry:

Soldato
Phoned around a few training places and DWP to see what help there is becoming a trucker, I have done the theory and medical, working in another industry so only curious, I would just need around 16 hours tuition and a test.

**** all is the answer. Crisis, what crisis :D

edit: guess ill try the DfT now

Last edited:
Soldato
Down to 25 miles, I might stick some in tonight or tomorrow morning, not panicking yet as the missus works from home so I can nick her car, or a work car if needed.

Permabanned
Had a customer drop a car off, and he said he had fully filled the tank. I told him it wasn't going anywhere and would be here for a good few weeks. He told me how he remembered when I asked to borrow his car to go and pick up some dog food as I'd run out and my car was blocked in here. I bunged him £15 quids worth of petrol in it as a thank you, although i went less than ten miles. He'd seen a quiet forecourt on the way and said I could syphon it if things got bad and either knock it off the bill or fill it up later on. Nice guy, kind of restores my faith in human nature. Discount incoming.

Caporegime
What came first, the news about shortage of petrol, or the shortage of petrol?

Indeed, if the corporate media did a story that bottled water was in short supply half of the country would be out panic buying bottled water tomorrow as if their lives depended on it. I doubt they'd even think to just use tap water unless the corporate media mentioned it.

Soldato
Phoned around a few training places and DWP to see what help there is becoming a trucker, I have done the theory and medical, working in another industry so only curious, I would just need around 16 hours tuition and a test.

**** all is the answer. Crisis, what crisis :D

edit: guess ill try the DfT now

Likewise, I'd be out driving a lorry next week if funding was available to get through the required training, but it isn't and many companies don't want to pay for it either.

Soldato
Likewise, I'd be out driving a lorry next week if funding was available to get through the required training, but it isn't and many companies don't want to pay for it either.
DfT just said to contact companies, interesting, I'd thought someone would be jumping to offer help, not nothing from anyone, crisis what crisis again lol

Back
Top Bottom