New World MMO

Soldato
Played for about 30 mins last night and really enjoyed what I played of it. Didn't want to commit to playing too long last night because I want to see what my friends are doing today. A couple of them rolled on bifrost.

I know they said there will be free server transfers but there's no way they will let everyone transfer to the high pop servers? Surely? It's the only thing stopping me from rolling on a low pop to level on my own so I can join them later.

Man of Honour
I'd say this is easily the best looking game I've ever played.

Wowsers, now that is quite the claim ! What was the previous best looking game that you had ever played , which you feel this has surpassed in looks? I mean its good looking for an MMO but its in no way a match for the graphics of say Red Dead Redemption or Metro Exodus or Kingdom Come Deliverance, or Assassins Creed Origins or Odyssey even.

Man of Honour
I know they said there will be free server transfers but there's no way they will let everyone transfer to the high pop servers? Surely? It's the only thing stopping me from rolling on a low pop to level on my own so I can join them later.

Yeah I assume there will have to be some sort of restrictions on which server you can transfer too otherwise it wont really help the queues if large numbers of people all just transfer to the "happening" servers, maybe they will do it so that you can only transfer to servers which arent on High or something.

Associate
Best advice for the next few weeks is play on US server 5pm uk time EU servers are rammed ! US it’s about mid day so no Qs

My problem is with that normally character transfers are locked to a region, so you might well be stuck on US servers even with the free transfer.

Associate
A 6/10 from Fextralife, I'm pretty surprised by that score, if I figured anyone would give it a high score it would be Fextralife.

The guy streaming on fextralife was whining about it during the last closed beta and said he probably wouldn't be playing it on release. Guess who's streaming it right now....

The queueing a joke, and not something that a giant like Amazon with billions of dollars of servers should have skimped on!

Man of Honour
The guy streaming on fextralife was whining about it during the last closed beta and said he probably wouldn't be playing it on release. Guess who's streaming it right now....

The queueing a joke, and not something that a giant like Amazon with billions of dollars of servers should have skimped on!

I was certainly surprised he gave it a 6, he did something like 200 hours in beta, he had 150,000 people, at peak, watching him stream yesterday and played for 20 hours and is on again today. Now obviously I am not a streamer but I cannot think of any games that I have ever put 250 hours into and then only given a 6. The sheer fact that I wanted to play something for 200+ hours would indicate to me that I must think of it as higher than a 6. Caveat of course being that I dont make my living via streaming so perhaps I am able to have a little more flexibility in what I choose to play.

Associate
I was certainly surprised he gave it a 6, he did something like 200 hours in beta, he had 150,000 people, at peak, watching him stream yesterday and played for 20 hours and is on again today. Now obviously I am not a streamer but I cannot think of any games that I have ever put 250 hours into and then only given a 6. The sheer fact that I wanted to play something for 200+ hours would indicate to me that I must think of it as higher than a 6. Caveat of course being that I dont make my living via streaming so perhaps I am able to have a little more flexibility in what I choose to play.

if you watch his review he’s quite balanced in his opinion I thought. 6 average but gave bits he liked doing an 8 but some of it a 2 or 3 to balance out. He hoped if they improve some bits then his score of the game as a whole would improve.

Back
Top Bottom