Be Quiet Dark Base 900 rev 2.

Associate
In theory building my own systems seems fun, when it comes to it I live on the forums pestering others for answers.

My case is as in the thread title. My question is regarding fan speeds In the case, I currently have a be quiet silent loop 360mm High performance mounted to the top, at around 1200-1300 rpm(exhaust). 3 x high performance mounted to the front at around 1100-1200rpm (intake) and I bought an extra shadow wing 3 standard 140mm because I read you don't need as fast fans as exhaust so I have that around 900-1000rpm as exhaust for the rear. Does all of this sound OK to the more experienced here?

Thank you.

Soldato
Should be okay.
Keep in mind what flows into case flows out. It's just basic physics of equal and opposite reactions. Volume into case equals volume out of case. Only reason exhaust fans don't need to be "as fast" is exhaust vents are usually less restrictive than intakes.

Keep in mind using both intake and exhaust is very similar to using push / pull fans on radiator or cooler. They don't increase airflow except by increasing static pressure rating which means they might overcome resistance to airflow (filter, grill, cables, etc).

You might find basics of airflow and how to optimize case airflow guide in like below of interest.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/help-with-fan-setup.18763212/#post-30354296

Associate
OP
Thanks @doyll . So you wouldn't say I have to many exhaust fans? I don't see any other way around it with a 360mm top rad really, and with the 3080ti been a hot card I don't really want hot air blowing onto it if I use the rad on the front as an intake.

Back
Top Bottom