UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th Sept 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Villarreal are literally just standing still with the ball at times, yet our team don't want to press? Weird.

I said this last week. We are so ******* bad at it. We don't tackle. We surround the player and stand off them about 1m or more and make them pass it. Then we have committed 2 players to a guy who doesn't have the ball anymore and he hasn't even been pressured into making a hurried pass.

The ease at which they move through us is just embarrassing. If their attack breaks down they just reform into their defensive shape at their own pace because we are so slow and clueless on the break. The only time we can break on teams is when they have pinned us back and committed their whole team into attack. VR are just committing a few players to each attack which is plenty considering how disjointed we are and how much space we leave.

I would genuinely love to know how many actual tackles we make in a match and how many of those are made outside our 18 yard box.

Caporegime
We are playing with a left and right back who haven't really played at all.

Dalot is like a deer in headlights tonight. I would hook him at half time put Bailly in the center and Lindelof as RB. Obviously isn't working as we are totally exposed down that side.

Soldato
We are playing with a left and right back who haven't really played at all.

Dalot is like a deer in headlights tonight. I would hook him at half time put Bailly in the center and Lindelof as RB. Obviously isn't working as we are totally exposed down that side.

Wow... that's an awful suggestion. No wonder you're backing Ole, are you discussing tactics with him by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom