Greta Thunberg

Associate
She'll still live to 80, spewing carbon as she goes, and if she has kids, it'll be even worse and continue the snowball effect.

She *is* (part of) the problem, not my car, not my steak. SHE is, and every kids that makes the world population grow. How can she (or anyone else) kid about that really, how can't they see the elephant in the room that *population* is the problem; the carbon footprint generally has gone spiralling down since people started to care about it, however, the consumption masks that completely, because you know, babies.

In my personal opinions, we're ****** as a species in the med/long run, because the judeo-christian view on reproduction will never let the population *decline*, so there's absolutely zero chance of reducing emissions to a level that matters to the climate for the next 100k years or so, by which time, I'll long be dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

The grown men getting upset by an autistic teenager are in full tonight, what a bunch of wet wipes :)

and just FYI I've got the worst footprint ever, I'm never ever going to do anything she says, I even flush wet wipes down the toilet.
I'm just amazed some of you believe the crap spewed about her and still get upset about 'How dare you' :)[/QUOTE]

Why bring her autism into it?

Man of Honour
Why bring her autism into it?

because it is a MASSIVE part of who she is, surely I thought you knew everything about her to be so upset by her?
She watched a documentary and got obsessed by it, started a school strike on her own and off it went.
If you watched her documentary you would see how her autism has made her into the person she is.
Will I follow anything she says? - hell no and all she basically says is follow the science.
Do I find it funny that grown men still get upset by the 'How dare you' statement - hell yeah - it's hilarious :)

Soldato
because it is a MASSIVE part of who she is, surely I thought you knew everything about her to be so upset by her?
She watched a documentary and got obsessed by it, started a school strike on her own and off it went.
If you watched her documentary you would see how her autism has made her into the person she is.
Will I follow anything she says? - hell no and all she basically says is follow the science.
Do I find it funny that grown men still get upset by the 'How dare you' statement - hell yeah - it's hilarious :)

The "how dare you" wasn't aimed at us but at all the politicians so I doubt anyone is bothered by that, I'd say most people are sick of being told they are the enemy and whatever they are doing is wrong and destroying their planet, also the whole media circus that surrounds her every move, she's exactly like the rest of the hypocrites.

Caporegime
Are people not allowed to criticise your beloved Greta without being labelled as 'crying' or upset'?

Seems like a narrow minded attitude to take.
Half of us aren't even criticising her per se, just the people who fawn over her and the media obsession with her. And the stupidity of inviting an angry teen to address world leaders because it makes for good TV.

Let's face it, she isn't helping solve anything. Unless she does something more useful than she has currently, history will remember her as an angry teen in a footnote about the climate emergency.

But frankly I'm not expecting her to be able to do anything useful as the child she is, so all the discussion about her is wasted effort and hot air.

And that's what annoys me. She symbolises perfectly the nature of our "battle" to save the planet. Lots of posturing, lots of smiles from politicians on TV, lots of jetting around to climate summits - and - not really much else.

The world is ****ed.

Caporegime
Ahh yes I remember those carefree childhood days giving speeches at global political summits.

Good times
Yeah I remember how useful a angry teenager ranting at the TV cameras was in solving the climate emergency. It accomplished so much.

/s

It's a media circus. Why don't people see that...

Caporegime
Yeah I remember how useful a angry teenager ranting at the TV cameras was in solving the climate emergency. It accomplished so much.

/s

It's a media circus. Why don't people see that...

Because people understand the media attention is important. If something isn't a popular issue it won't matter to democratic nations because it won't influence voting results.

So in order to make it important you have to make it a popular media subject.

Kinda like how Cornwall is a non issue to any media organisation, and so any problem in Cornwall is a non issue to any UK parliament.

Caporegime
Haha yeah I know right! Can you imagine if we did this in other areas like say a major nation electing a reality TV star?

:cry:

:o
Human obsession with celebrity is depressing in all its manifestations. But I will agree with you that Greta is a celebrity more than she is a useful advisor on climate issues, or a valid candidate to address world leaders, or an authority on climate science, or...

Like many celebs, she's famous for being famous, and hasn't really done anything to justify her celebrity.

Permabanned
She'll still live to 80, spewing carbon as she goes, and if she has kids, it'll be even worse and continue the snowball effect.

She *is* (part of) the problem, not my car, not my steak. SHE is, and every kids that makes the world population grow. How can she (or anyone else) kid about that really, how can't they see the elephant in the room that *population* is the problem; the carbon footprint generally has gone spiralling down since people started to care about it, however, the consumption masks that completely, because you know, babies.

In my personal opinions, we're fscked as a species in the med/long run, because the judeo-christian view on reproduction will never let the population *decline*, so there's absolutely zero chance of reducing emissions to a level that matters to the climate for the next 100k years or so, by which time, I'll long be dust.

And those very true words are the nettle no politician wants to publicly grasp. Short of a more lethal gift from the likes of China our ludicrous population explosion sees us making a lemming like walk to a natural disaster and decline.

Caporegime
Human obsession with celebrity is depressing in all its manifestations. But I will agree with you that Greta is a celebrity more than she is a useful advisor on climate issues, or a valid candidate to address world leaders, or an authority on climate science, or...

Like many celebs, she's famous for being famous, and hasn't really done anything to justify her celebrity.

She's done more than you or most people or politicians.

She has brought attention and focus.

As easy and amusing as it would be to point out an uneducated middle aged man who lives with his mother is ineffectualy attacking a teenager for being world famous for trying to change a global problem it seems pointless.

Caporegime
It is hilarious how many middle aged men are scared of a teenage girl who has more balls than they do. So many pathetic and ignorant posts from people in complete denial.

Permabanned
When I want a work shy teenaged girl's opinion on anything I'll tell her what it is. The late Lady Thatcher, the late King of Jordan's wife, Queen Noor and on a good day, my wife's opinions have been taken aboard by this old misogynist however ;)

Back
Top Bottom