*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
After using the script from mrk's post the ISO version is as follows:

djGC0tq.png

I'm assuming this isn't the release ISO as it doesn't seem to match up. I need to be more patient unless anyone knows differently?

Soldato
I'm thinking I don't want the hassle of having to 're install all my games and stuff so I may just install over the top of windows 10. Anyone else doing this?

Of course they are. Most people will be getting it via windows update completely oblivious to the fact it even existed before they get it. :p

Soldato
I'm thinking I don't want the hassle of having to 're install all my games and stuff so I may just install over the top of windows 10. Anyone else doing this?
Just wait for the update via Windows updates, you will keep all settings etc, probably minimal input from your end to get it to the same state your Windows 10 currently is.

Soldato
Updated my main Windows 10 retail version to the hopefully RTM Windows 11 and so far everything seems just fine.

My 8gadgetpack is still working great for my little Vista type side bar widgets and the maker of startisback is doing a Windows 11 version which is still in testing but works great. Get to use the left click for the Window 7 menu, wheel button for the Windows 11 menu and it restores the right click taskbar menu, allows me to use the Windows 10 explorer ribbon and even gives me the option built in to disable that stupid new Windows 11 basic context menu on folders :D

Even able to have the taskbar folders/programs show individually as named folders/programs and not combined into a single icon, hate that feature.

If anyone uses startisback it's available here for the 11 version.

http://startisback.com/tbd/

Does the qodget

Yes I did it twice updated to what I thought was the final and it still water marked for me..

Associate
Just downloaded AOMEI Backupper for free, and it does a windows 11 check on your system. You can also make a bootable usb drive with backup and restore. Done a windows 11 backup. Did I say it was free!!

Back
Top Bottom