Squid Game

Soldato
I don't get that none of you have any idea what I meant by giving it a chance. It's a Korean Battle Royale-esque series that doesn't give much away initially.

I spoke to a few ppl, friends included that couldn't get past 20 minutes because of that..... So give it a chance could mean what exactly?? :rolleyes: it's not difficult.

Caporegime
I don't get that none of you have any idea what I meant by giving it a chance. It's a Korean Battle Royale-esque series that doesn't give much away initially.

I spoke to a few ppl, friends included that couldn't get past 20 minutes because of that..... So give it a chance could mean what exactly?? :rolleyes: it's not difficult.

but I wasn’t questioning you saying give it a chance, I was asking what you meant by “what it really is”, it was phrased like it’s
Some kind of super hidden type of show, I picked up on it was a battle Royale immediately

Caporegime
I did find episode 1 a little slow. The main guy is a very unlikeable character and it's almost 30 mins before he actually gets to the venue. I can definitely see some people think it's a boring show about a deadbeat dad and dropping it in that time.

Once it gets going though it's excellent, loved it. What I want to know is why every episode was an hour except for episode 8 that was only 30 mins, seemed weird!

Also why did the people speaking English sound so wooden? The VIPs were dire.

Associate
Kinda tempted by this, but I watched S1 of the Anime Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor and it feels like this is more of the same. Too stressful to go through a different take on (almost) impossible games!

Anyone watched both?

Soldato
If i hadn't have watched the trailer theirs a chance i'd have not watched beyond the first episode. Once it gets going it is very good. how many kids are gonna be playing squid game now i wonder! Lots of open plot lines for a future season!

Soldato
Excellent show and some gut wrenching moments!

There are a few loose ends which would justify a 2nd season - as long as it's of the same calibre.

One theory which my daughter picked up on and one i've read online since finishing - the game they played in the tube station. The guy asked Gi-Hun to pick a colour - the colours are red/blue. Theory being, pick blue = player, pick red = guard.

The guards are monitored, have rules and are locked up at night, so probably true.

Soldato
Still not started it yet but, I've heard, you need to opt for "English" subtitles rather than "English cc" as the cc version subtitles the English dub, which is a worse translation of the original dialogue. (though the "English" one apparently isn't great)

Soldato
Blitzed through this over the week, really good, thoroughly enjoyed it. Tried to watch Alice in borderland as I've heard it's similar but haven't gone past the 1st episode as it didn't grab me.

Soldato
Something different that this show managed to capture that reminded me of hits of Battle Royale, wonder how many shows were going to get that try to replicate this now.

Back
Top Bottom