When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
Why would sales go up to 500% of their usual levels unless people were buying more fuel than they normally would and would normally use? Panic buying is the sign of a numpty. Think about the toilet rolls...

And what about the people who are going about their business as usual, which requires fuel? They're stuck in those queues too.

Do you not normally wipe your arse?

Caporegime
Why would sales go up to 500% of their usual levels unless people were buying more fuel than they normally would and would normally use? Panic buying is the sign of a numpty. Think about the toilet rolls...
People aren’t driving 500% more miles. Probably less if anything. Those with full tanks now want to sit on it like a squirrel and not use it.

Toilet rolls you could buy unlimited and probably a years worth. Fuel you are limited to what fits in your tank.

Soldato
I think you're missing the point a bit.

Yes, people are panic buying - but you don't know WHICH people are panic buying. Filling up with fuel doesn't mean you're panic buying. In the same way that buying toilet rolls didn't mean you were panic buying.

Caporegime
I think you're missing the point a bit.

Yes, people are panic buying - but you don't know WHICH people are panic buying. Filling up with fuel doesn't mean you're panic buying. In the same way that buying toilet rolls didn't mean you were panic buying.

This. When the toilet roll panic buying was on we felt really bad as we buy 24 at a time and they last months and sadly we were due to replenish our stocks just when the shortage hit so we looked like hoarders with our 24 rolls in our trolley.

Caporegime
Doubt it, power cuts are next.

Yep and some people looking at 33% to 50% increase in their electric cost if they have just come off a long fixed tariff. Will make people think about how much how charging is costing.

And Tesla (and others) have now stopped their free charging/so many mile credit on their new cars.

Soldato
I do wonder whether it's goign to give a little push to EV adoption though

Given the reports coming from the Auto-press, the interest in BEV's has had a huge spike - and oil just hit $80 per barrel for the first time in over three years so that is gonna mean higher petrol prices, as well as gas being in short supply.

Caporegime
No sure if that was a troll post BUT, there will be no power cuts.
However IF there are it will mean there is no fuel either and powercuts affect pumps too
Not a troll. Just a mild attempt at humour. There have been warnings about them. And yes I’m fully aware pumps need electric. But I’m not 10yrs old arguing about mega drive vs SNES like a lot of people seem to replicate with ICE vs EV discussions.

Soldato
I'll consider an EV when I can buy one with a minimum real world range of 500km @ 110km/h calm spring weather and it cost around 20000 pounds or less. In other words I'll be waiting forever. Wouldn't make sense for me polution wise to buy a new EV anyway as my current car is doing around 27km/L on long trips and 22km/l in the cities when I'm behaving on the throttle so might as well drive my current one til it dies and then have a look at whats available.

Soldato
My partners Volvo v40 D2 used to get that.
I used to get 70mpg on a quiet summer drive to work (20 miles) with my 520d but over 32k miles the average was 47mpg.
This long term average put's a replacement new EV in the 3 year pollution benefit bracket.

Defo worth looking at the long term average mpg rather than individual special trips.

Caporegime
I used to get 70mpg on a quiet summer drive to work (20 miles) with my 520d but over 32k miles the average was 47mpg.
This long term average put's a replacement new EV in the 3 year pollution benefit bracket.

Defo worth looking at the long term average mpg rather than individual special trips.

very true. She was always a frugal and slow driver. long runs she could get 65mpg, darting around locally was still in excess of 50mpg. Over three years and 30,000 miles she averaged 57 mpg. For a £25k car at the time it would need to be a cheap electric car to compete.

Soldato

To be fair my old Toyota Yaris diesel used to average around 66mpg, i could do 70mpg over a full tank if i was really trying hard and wasn't worth the effort as the saving was virtually nothing with MGP that high anyway.

Soldato
63mpg (long trips) and 52mpg (city)- what are you driving which is so good on fuel?

I'm driving a Citroen C3 1.5 BlueHDI 100bhp. Long trips are done at 110km/h and 130km/h when overtaking if allowed. The car is just shy of 60.000 km over the last 2 years so I drive a lot and do have a lot of long trips which is one of many reasons why I'm not considering EV anytime soon. The purchase price is so high for a decent one. The pollution cost from buying a new car also makes no sense for me personally. But of course the government thinks otherwise and are pushing Diesel prices up on the different variants of B7 and refuse to even consider making HVO100 available for those of us who don't have 60k quid to drop on an EV with decent specs. I do not have the time to wait for charging with the amount i'm driving. Also I payed 17k quid for my C3 2 years ago brand new with a good amount of extras... Good luck finding an EV for that kind of money that isn't complete ****. That was with the insane taxes on cars btw that we have here in Denmark.

Back
Top Bottom