UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th Sept 2021]

Man of Honour
This is just depressing, shows how far our standards have fallen that people will defend Ole this vociferously. :(

I am personally looking at his entire tenure and we’ve spent fortunes and regressed under him. The Covid season is whatever, playing without fans groaning at the dreadful performances probably helped matters.

Just because there are good results now and again shouldn’t gloss over the big picture.

Soldato
Why not? Just look at the highlights of Villareal last night. Everything they had in terms of chances and the goal all went through Dalot on that left hand side. RB is arguably our weakest position in terms of depth and it showed yesterday with AWB missing.
Because you’re talking 5th choice and a child mate. Not remotely comparable.

Soldato
This is just depressing, shows how far our standards have fallen that people will defend Ole this vociferously. :(

I am personally looking at his entire tenure and we’ve spent fortunes and regressed under him. The Covid season is whatever, playing without fans groaning at the dreadful performances probably helped matters.

Just because there are good results now and again shouldn’t gloss over the big picture.
Funnily enough Adams someone who called for a change last night but now it’s all going in the right direction.

Bizarre

Soldato

Indeed, it's getting a little bizarre. Do people not watch the games or something? The poor tactics, poor substitutions (9 times out of 10) and lack of coaching staff experience or influence are plain for all to see.

I'm going to the game on Saturday, and I should be filled with reasonable confidence that we're going to give Everton a run for their money, and so we should if we're going by the monetary values and players we have alone. But, I feel like i'm going to be witness to a very frustrating game. I really hope that's not the case and it will be one of the rare games we have where it's exciting football and things 'click', but that's probably wishful thinking. We should have a manager that inspires confidence not just in the players, but in us as the fans. Ole does not do that. It should be a case of the opposition having just played better on the day, not even having factors that the players don't know their arse from their elbows due to poor management and coaching instillation.

Ole isn't what we need. But as has been pointed out a few times these past few weeks, who is? and who is that's available or will move to United? In addition, it would have to be someone who can appeal to the Glazer's egos (one thing I sense Ole is good at considering he comes across as a 'yes man'), not just our requirements.

Associate
I'm going to the game on Saturday, and I should be filled with reasonable confidence that we're going to give Everton a run for their money, and so we should if we're going by the monetary values and players we have alone.

You should be fine against them, they are dreadful against anyone not a Norwich of bottom half team. The Title will be back on this weekend!

Ole isn't what we need. But as has been pointed out a few times these past few weeks, who is?

You could snap up Martinez before Barca do!

Caporegime
Martinez has hardly achieved much. Did nothing special at Everton and then at Belgium he's proven to be the master of friendlies only to flop at competitions with one of the most talented generations in the world.

fez

fez

Caporegime

Glad to see that Lamela is still a massive cheating ****. Easily one of my least favourite players ever. Just can't stand the guy for some reason.

I think he embodies all of the nastiest traits in footballers.

Soldato
Martinez is the Spanish Southgate! Done about the bare minimum expected with the talent he has available. Might be half a step forward from Ole but that's about it.

Got to be Conte hasn't it? Head and shoulders above the rest available.

Soldato
So Sparta Prague are playing without fans because they are a bunch of racists however they allow 10000 school children in. They then booed Glen Kamara every single time he touched the ball.

Children ffs.

Soldato
Its unfair to judge Koeman and Ancelotti at the moment imo. The clubs they are managing are an absolute mess. I like Erik ten Hag but feel like that's an Arsenal type appointment.

Worked out alright for Kane this tinpot European thing, he can stat pad against league 2 and perhaps below level teams.

3500 capacity for Muras home stadium. I think my 5 a side has a bigger capacity. Joke of a competition.

Caporegime
Ten Hag seems good but he's also got a pretty easy job at a perfectly run club that is completely dominant in their league.

I've genuinely never heard of the team Spurs beat, and that's from an FM player.

Soldato
BBC trolling Spurs

Our big question has been answered tonight.

Yes, Spurs are better than Slovenia's fifth-best team.

They also put :

FT: Spurs 5-1 Mura

Harry Kane is the first Tottenham player to score a hat-trick as a substitute since Ronny Rosenthal against Southampton in the FA Cup in March 1995.

He has scored six goals in nine games this season now. Kane, not Rosenthal.

stat pad of a competition.

Associate
Its unfair to judge Koeman and Ancelotti at the moment imo.

No judge them with the absolutely terrible jobs they did at Everton, particularly CA who spent a load and delivered nothing. 10th wasn't it with a player they spent 200k per week on that played about 11 games. Magnificent speaker after the game, covering up the terrible job being done on the pitch. So yeah probably a good fit for United.

Back
Top Bottom