Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Octopus energy is a subsidiary of the larger generation group that had the investment this week;

is there any update on the winter generation capability , winter weather forecast, the connectors ....
a swallow yesterday
Natural gas futures dipped as much as 8% on Wednesday, pulling back from a more than seven-year high above $6 per million British thermal units hit during the prior session.
The contract for November delivery fell to a low of $5.42 on Wednesday, before recovering some of those losses to settle 6.85% lower at $5.47 in the worst daily performance since January

Soldato
Government can't really do anything.
That's the price of gas. And the price of being dependent on it from international travel sources

Short term they could cut green levies and VAT, but of course they wont.

Longer term they could build some nuclear power stations and reduce dependency on importing it.

Caporegime

Longer term they could build some nuclear power stations and reduce dependency on importing it.

If they keep cutting green initiatives whenever things get difficult its not a great future we have.

But I can see it happening

Soldato
I switched from Green the day before they went bust, what will happen about my final bill and refund, will it be from Shell energy or the administrators?

Not had any comms from Shell or Green.

Soldato
I'm still in limbo with no contact from any provider. Green were my provider, and the day before I was due to switch to Avro, both went bust.

Thankfully got my money back from Avro via the DD guarantee as they are by all accounts an extremely dodgy outfit, and they never became my provider.

Caporegime

Hinckley B is due to come on stream 2026. Nuclear power stations take a decade or more to plan, build, commission and test.

Back
Top Bottom