140mm Exhaust fan recommendations

Associate
I'm in the market for a good 140mm fan to use as an exaust fan in my case.

I own a RTX 3080 that generates a lot of heat and it seems by current exhaust fan isn;t up to the task of exhausting it.

Was thinking of getting an Artic P14 PWM fan but I heard its not good to have a static based fan for an exhaust fan.

Any good rcommedations for a single 140mm fan?

Soldato
Could you not use a AC "F" 14 type fan. I have those as case fans and the P14 for my AC AIO, as the yare pressure type fans.

F14 PWM PST are designated as case fans.

Cheap and very cheerful.

Soldato
I'm in the market for a good 140mm fan to use as an exaust fan in my case.

I own a RTX 3080 that generates a lot of heat and it seems by current exhaust fan isn;t up to the task of exhausting it.

Was thinking of getting an Artic P14 PWM fan but I heard its not good to have a static based fan for an exhaust fan.

Any good rcommedations for a single 140mm fan?
Often adding exhaust fans doesn't solve cooling problems. Most of the time good pressure fans (like Arctic P14) as front intakes and blocking openings around them so air they move into cae has to flow on thru case to get out are all that is needed.

What is your case and what case fans, model and placement do you now have?

You might find guide to basics of of airflow and how to optimize case airflow of interesrt.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/help-with-fan-setup.18763212/#post-30354296

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Often adding exhaust fans doesn't solve cooling problems. Most of the time good pressure fans (like Arctic P14) as front intakes and blocking openings around them so air they move into cae has to flow on thru case to get out are all that is needed.

What is your case and what case fans, model and placement do you now have?

You might find guide to basics of of airflow and how to optimize case airflow of interesrt.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/help-with-fan-setup.18763212/#post-30354296

My case is a be Quiet Darkbase pro 900, two intake fans at front (Silent Wings 3 140mm) 1 x exhaust (also a Silent Wings 3 140mm). Also I have a Corsair H110i AIO top mounted with a push config (2 x140mm)

Issue I have is the GPU (3080 FE) is pushign out a lot of heat, and it seems that is not being exhausted out of the case quick enough. Even though my GPU temps are good, my CPU tems (5900x) are around 75-80c.

Associate
My case is a be Quiet Darkbase pro 900, two intake fans at front (Silent Wings 3 140mm) 1 x exhaust (also a Silent Wings 3 140mm). Also I have a Corsair H110i AIO top mounted with a push config (2 x140mm)

Issue I have is the GPU (3080 FE) is pushign out a lot of heat, and it seems that is not being exhausted out of the case quick enough. Even though my GPU temps are good, my CPU tems (5900x) are around 75-80c.

The AIO fans are exhaust too? So it's not so much that the heat isn't being exhausted quickly enough, rather that the warmer air from the 3080 is reducing the effectiveness of the radiator?

It's possible to get an H110i in the front of the DB Pro 900. But, if you have the motherboard tray in the topmost position, it's touch-and-go whether you can get the top of the radiator above the pump, so you might need to rejig things a bit more. The advantage of doing that is that the radiator gets cooler external air.

If that doesn't appeal, you might be better putting your new fan in one of the bottom mounts to get more outside air in, rather than replacing the exhaust fan.

Soldato

I think your stock case fans are Silent Wings 3 which are good fans.

Well, if your intake fans are moving air into case air has to be leaving case. Science of airflow is called Fluid Dynamics because air flow just like water flows. To move air into a case the same amount of air has to be leaving the case. Basic physics of equal and opposite action. Using both intake and exhaust fans on our cases is similar to using push / pull fans on cooler and radiators, usually not much if any difference. Occasionally adding exhaust fan will help by creating creating a different flow path / pattern from intake vent to exhaust vent. airflow.

I would move rear exhaust to front intake. This should increase cool airflow into and thru case. Make sure you seal off all openings in front intake fan mounting panel so air they are flowing into case can't leak around in front to go back into intake fans and go round and round and round.

Associate
OP
Ended up moving the AIO rad from top to front intake. Had to take the drive cage out so that the barbs of the AIO are above the CPU.

Its made a huge difference in CPU temps. By about 10c. The RTX 3080 FE heat output was definitely affecting the rad when it was top mounted

I added an additional front intake as per suggestion, two of the fans are blowing into the rad.

Moved the two be Quiet fans to top exhaust. And currently using the two Corsair fans that came with the H110i. However ordered up 2 x Artic P14 to replace them.

Thanks for the suggestions all. Really happy with the temps now overall in my system.

Back
Top Bottom