Chicken tikka naga curry

Associate
Yep, one of my favourite curries - love the taste as well as the heat, but the day after can be mildly uncomfortable lol.

As per earlier posts you can also buy Naga Pickle from the Indian Cash and Carry, normally called Mr. Naga.

Soldato
Anyone tried one of these here from their local tandoori? It can certainly give a phal a run for its money. Had one last night and it was pretty powerful to begin with and then the heat ramped up considerably throughout the meal. I struggled to finish it in the end. I would say it's somewhere between a vindaloo and a phal.

Still, would do it again :D

I usually do a Chicken Jalfrezi, but a vindaloo or phal if I'm sat at the local place. I used to grow Nagas, Trinidad scorps, etc including slices in BBQ burgers etc. The lunch canteen food at work was superb as you'd expect when the office is in Pune, India. The canteen byriani was good and hot super spicy - going to miss that now I've switched jobs.

Personally I quite like a Chicken Jalfrezi as it should be spices with the sauce being made of chilli peppers, onion and tomatoes. No cream or anything like that. Then chunks of chillies, peppers and onions. Quite like adding spinach in there too. My Jafrezi has nagas in it :)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Had another of these last night at a restaurant in Greenwich. It was high on the flavour but not so much on the heat, I had to ask for them to add additional green chilis.

It must be hard for Indian restaurants to select how hot to make their 'hot' dishes. I've had vindaloos that are positively mild and some much hotter. They must have to strike a balance between what a seasoned customer would enjoy and what a newbie could take to show off to his mates.

Back
Top Bottom