I need some pdf help, not what you think

Associate
As above
1st the pdf in this post is mine secondly its locked with a password and i cannot open it.

So at work we get our payslips emailed to us 1 week before payday they are password protected with our data which consists of

postcode+1st 5 digits of nat ins number+month of birth+ year of birth
so we would have for example c211bzwl123november1901 issue i am having is i have the thickest payrole people trying to help me they, insist this is my password format, they are even unable to open it using my info, so i say well why not just reset it all, still waiting on a reply to that suggestion, maybe they are reading a manual somewhere.........

So i tried something called hashcat to brute force it but that looked like it was going to take years, can anyone suggest a way for me to get the password to open it or hack it before i am due to retire in 6yrs time.

it is the very first password to open the pdf i need to get.

thanks

Associate
OP
this is the response from payrole

Hi,

The Password will be in the following format

Your full postcode + First 5 characters of your NI Number + Month of birth + Year of birth

e.g. wv994esnp304november1900

Soldato
password protected as in you can't open it or password protected so you can't edit it?

Either way, wouldn't it just be easiest to get payroll to resend you your payslip again, ensuring they have used the correct password is used (honestly sounds like the wrong password was used).... they must be able to give out a 'new copy'.

Associate
OP
Password is to open.

have i tried to contact my workplace, you know i never even thought of that, thank you so much.

it would be so easy for them to resend it but that is like trying to flog a dead horse.

Combinations i have tried lots i lost track.

Permabanned
Password is to open.

have i tried to contact my workplace, you know i never even thought of that, thank you so much.

it would be so easy for them to resend it but that is like trying to flog a dead horse.

Combinations i have tried lots i lost track.

I know what the password is for but nobody here can help you with a work place problem like this.

They set the password only they would be able to help you.

Associate
OP
Finally sorted, they put the wrong payroll number against my name. As for a bunch of randoms guessing a password, i was hoping someone had similar situation and could suggest a piece of software to aid me opening it.

Back
Top Bottom