***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
I think as a display piece it looks great. A lot of little details too, like the inside of the amp. Good price as well.

Looking at the model in more detail, the cable does actually plug in at the front. It's the pedal control or something that connects in the back.

I've always wanted to get one of the mini ones from here

https://axeheaven.com

Soldato
It's going to be a day 1 purchase for me, will it go live for VIP earlier than 1st Oct?

So tempted for me my son:cry:.

Quite a few licensed set launches on 01 Oct now

Marvel's Eternals sets
Spider Man no way home sets
Batman minifig tumbler set

This is a big draw for the physical lego stores plus no hint on the gwp unless the Charles Dickens tribute set (£150 min spend) is extended.

Current early access is the santa set.

Doubt the batman sets will go early on vip. May find smyths and argos go early by a day or two. Smyths been clearing big spaces on their lego shelves.

Having watched all the reviews on the eternals sets, I have no interest in those.

The spider man no way home sets are a definite purchase though plus the minifig tumbler.

Last edited:
Soldato
A huge list of retiring lego sets this year appearing now. Surprising number across the whole range inc DC, Marvel, Star Wars and Technic.

Lots will no doubt increase in value, however for the speculators, I anticipate the 89 Batmobile, Pirates of Barracuda Bay and Creator Aston Martin DB5 being worthy choices. The Pirates of Barracuda Bay could easily tripple.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/every-lego-set-retiring-2021-september/amp/

DC sets often go down in value bar the UCS ones and of course the minifig gwp 89 Batmobile. I still find I can buy loads of the back catalogue DC minifig scale sets on eBay for original rrp or less.

Most Marvel sets conversely accumulate in value very very quickly once retired.

Star Wars seem to accumulate pretty quickly too.

Soldato
Don't forget the new sets are out today.

Lots of them too.

I thought there would be a bigger queue at my local lego store but nope. Technic Cat D11 Bulldozer looks colossal.

In case you don't have a lego store nearby

Argos has some inc the minifig tumbler and spider-man sanctum sets in stock. The other marvel sets are not in general stock yet.

Smyths have most things in stock by the looks of it plus a restock on the marvel and sw advent calendars.

Lego store gwp is £170 spend for the brickheadz german shepherd so not the best value. My store looks like it has a few gwps left over from Sept though so should get those as well if I can hit the min £

Don
Don't forget the new sets are out today.

Lots of them too.

I thought there would be a bigger queue at my local lego store but nope. Technic Cat D11 Bulldozer looks colossal.

In case you don't have a lego store nearby

Argos has some inc the minifig tumbler and spider-man sanctum sets in stock. The other marvel sets are not in general stock yet.

Smyths have most things in stock by the looks of it plus a restock on the marvel and sw advent calendars.

Lego store gwp is £170 spend for the brickheadz german shepherd so not the best value. My store looks like it has a few gwps left over from Sept though so should get those as well if I can hit the min £

I ordered a couple of the Batman 76239 sets this morning :) Christmas present sorted for myself and my eldest :D

Soldato
Any good sources for what the UK GWP's are in store. I'm assuming GWP means gift with purchase. I've looked on the Lego webby and not noticed where this info is.

They do seem to keep it well under wraps so it's not easy finding out in advance.

It will always mirror what it online though.

I find the best way is to pop into your lego store, and chat with the staff.

You can easily find out what is current by calling the store too as they all have local numbers.

Each store is different depending on what gwp stocks they have and how fast they sell out. They will always have the headline gwp but often have the previous ones too so you can get bumper gifts.

I noticed the last couple of months the GWP spend has been insanely high.

Definitely true but the good GWPs have always been like this.

The small bags are normally low value though eg c£40-£60 spend for city/ninjago bags when free as was the shang chi one the other week.

Back
Top Bottom