Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate

Good choice, had mine for a year and love it. Camera quality is brilliant for a CCTV cam too, although we just bought a house that only has side doors, so if I install it beside the door it'll just be looking at a brick wall :p Contemplated just sticking it on the front corner of the house looking at the driveway, but that means any delivery drivers will have to stand in the drive about 20 feet from the door for me to see them.

Let me know how this works for you. The lag on bell press and record on motion detection makes it almost unusable for me.

I never had any issues like this, although I did speak to another guy that was having issues like you and it was fixed with a better router. I've had mine just running off the Virgin Media supplied hub about 30 feet away and it has been flawless.

Soldato
Yeah right. Like we are buying those two purchases are unrelated and the second one is a total mistake :rolleyes::o

Who doesn't appreciate a man in tight fitting Lycra? Lumps and bumps revealed for all to see!

I do wonder what Amazon are trying to tell me about myself regarding the poppers though. Maybe these shopping algorithms are stronger than I first thought.

However I do feel for the poor soul out there who is in for a really rough time without their Ultra Strong help :p

Soldato
Interesting you moved from Garmin to Wahoo? Any particular reason? (I mean, from my research they're the better option, just curious as you were Garmin previously)

I have a Fenix 5x which I use to record most my activities and the bike computer was / is very much for navigation / data on the fly and sometimes back up recording of a ride. Having the Fenix and coming from a Garmin it was first choice. However after reading a few reviews and speaking to a few mates who have the Wahoo (I did consider the Hammerhead 2 as well) everyone had glowing reports and "better than Garmin" comments, so decided to give it a try.

Set it up last night from my phone using the app and hoping to try it in anger in the next few days ....

Soldato
I have a Fenix 5x which I use to record most my activities and the bike computer was / is very much for navigation / data on the fly and sometimes back up recording of a ride. Having the Fenix and coming from a Garmin it was first choice. However after reading a few reviews and speaking to a few mates who have the Wahoo (I did consider the Hammerhead 2 as well) everyone had glowing reports and "better than Garmin" comments, so decided to give it a try.

Set it up last night from my phone using the app and hoping to try it in anger in the next few days ....

Warning; It seems to beep for everything out of the box. Didn't bother me too much but my friends got annoyed with me

Soldato
Interesting you moved from Garmin to Wahoo? Any particular reason? (I mean, from my research they're the better option, just curious as you were Garmin previously)

They have a major design flaw with the plastic tabs on the mount that eventually will break on the heavier units like the 1030 once out of warranty, it's just a question of time and use.

It's so bad, various 3rd parties now sell attachable glue on mounts with thicker tabs to sit on top. Yes, you loose the function to then charge with the pack available separately. You wonder if the people designing some of this stuff actually cycle even remotely seriously.

Edit - If you use any model with twin tabbed twist mounting system, I would add the cable to your unit so if it breaks it will atleast then hang off your bars as opposed to fall on the road/gravel etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG-20210929-131612-01.jpg

Soldato
I live in the countryside and have woods and ponds in the grounds and that leads to buzzy things getting in the way. I also have some old box sash windows that tend to attract them.....and I enjoy a good spray murder too for my more psychopathic side. I am always forgetting where I put the can so have placed a few around house, garages etc.

To add I do seem to have an infestation of those, almost daddy long legged spiders. I hoover loads up and not matter how many conkers I put out they still show up.

Aren't conkers just an old wives tale? I'd heard that spiders do hate the smell of peppermint though.

Man of Honour
Aren't conkers just an old wives tale? I'd heard that spiders do hate the smell of peppermint though.
Yea I can see what you are doing here….

Spiders sitting on conkers chewing gum, people pointing and laughing at me. I know your game. No flies on me!

Soldato
Is that legit? They used to be aweful for tea (<95 degrees)...Absolutely fine for coffee mind.

uUK8ScW.jpeg
It's worth putting a thermocouple in the cup as you pour the water into it, straight from a freshly boiled kettle (prechecked with said thermocouple to confirm the temperature). Hitting the bottom of a preheated mug was getting 94-95° for me! Really rapid cooling as it pours out of the kettle.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My Trekology UL80 died so I've gone for a more expensive mat this time - LW so bigger as well but lighter and warmer than the Trekology.

20210929-125353.jpg

Back
Top Bottom