**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Getting a few crashes now on update 6. Could be a community folder issue though. I shall have to empty it to see what’s causing the issue.
Let us know how that pans out for you, I just rename the community folder and let the sim create another then delete the new one and change the old one back, saves moving or deleting the contents.

Soldato
Hotfix now available

OlieTsubasa443Community Manager
3h

image1164×224 32.7 KB

A HOTFIX is now available

If you are playing on PC, some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behaviour.
Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

Bug fixes

• Fixed broken night lighting when the renderscale was not set to 100%
  • Added Offscreen pre caching option in the VR menu
  • Fixed some general crashes
  • Fixed the Trim reset button on the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant
  • Safe mode will no longer trigger when a crash occured when closing the program
  • Missing watermask at Lucerne has been added
  • Color correction for Photogrammetry in Vienna has been tweaked
  • Water crack has been fixed near Moritzburg POI
  • Fixed terrain spike around LOWI
  • Fixed crash with Resync from Aircraft Editor without any aircraft selected
The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Associate
I needed to reinstall from scratch (steam version) but the download is so slow. I am on a 800mbps line and am getting 15mbps max from the servers.

I have tried all of the tips from Zendesk like delivery optimisation, wired and Wi-Fi connection, VPN and still same speed. It’s a 131Gb for me so I have to sit it out I think. 12 hours gone so far.

I am not sure that this is what I had in mind and ridiculous for expensive software. I hope it will be worth it but I’m losing hope.

Associate
I needed to reinstall from scratch (steam version) but the download is so slow. I am on a 800mbps line and am getting 15mbps max from the servers.

I have tried all of the tips from Zendesk like delivery optimisation, wired and Wi-Fi connection, VPN and still same speed. It’s a 131Gb for me so I have to sit it out I think. 12 hours gone so far.

I am not sure that this is what I had in mind and ridiculous for expensive software. I hope it will be worth it but I’m losing hope.
Feel my pain with only 40mbps line haha.

But yeah something broke there

Man of Honour

Its probably slower with the update/hotfix being released today as everyone will be hitting the servers to download it.
I re-downloaded last week and I think between downloading the game and all of the World Updates it took almost 18 hours!

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hi all

I have FS on the Xbox Series X but am a little frustrated with the lack of addons and am hankering for VR (I have a Quest 2)
I am thinking about selling the XSX and getting a PC with a 3600Ti or 6700XT. Spec I am looking at

• Intel i7-10700KF 8 Core/16 Threads Processor
  • RTX3060Ti 8GB Video Card
  • B560M-PRO-VDH LGA1200 Motherboard
  • 16 or 32 Gb Ram
OR

• AMD Ryzen5 3600 6 Core/12 Threads Processor
  • Gigabyte A520M DS3H AC Motherboard
  • AMD RX6700XT 12GB Graphics
  • 16 or 32 Gb Ram
Has anyone tried FS on PC and XSX? Is going to a PC like this going to be a downgrade in performance? Will the VR experience be any good?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi all

I have FS on the Xbox Series X but am a little frustrated with the lack of addons and am hankering for VR (I have a Quest 2)
I am thinking about selling the XSX and getting a PC with a 3600Ti or 6700XT. Spec I am looking at

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram
OR

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram
Has anyone tried FS on PC and XSX? Is going to a PC like this going to be a downgrade in performance? Will the VR experience be any good?

Thanks
What resolution are you playing at? In my mind that’s a good pc spec and better than an Xbox. Tbh im a bit negative towards the consoles because the moment MSFS came to the consoles in July it signalled a downgrade for pc users in terms of graphical fidelity and condole like problems such as pop in. These have started to be resolved now but I can’t imagine a console is a good place for MSFS in any way shape or form if your serious about it.

Soldato
Hi all

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram
OR

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram

Thanks

I'll tell you now that my 3080 struggles to get non-chunder inducing framerates in VR on my Quest 2 with many settings lowered (except render res, which is my next stop). It is a beast of a game to run. In pancake mode though, it does wonderfully at high/ultra and there are plenty of settings to tune to help a 3060ti manage (I game on 3600x1600 res btw). CPU is very important, and more about core speed than core count, although both are important.

Associate
Hi all

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram
OR

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram

Thanks
Never tried the xbox version but the lack of hardware add ons would completely ruin it for me, I have lots of logitech/Saitek panels and just couldn't do without them, I also have a quest 2 but I can't get the sim running very well with it but that's just probably me as I really couldn't be bothered to experiment with all the settings, even when I lower vr settings right down it don't run great but then again I'm not to fussed as I'm using the flight panels anyway. Pc version will pull ahead of console version anyway which apparently is already evident after latest updates. I'd take the PC version any day as in a year or two the xbox version will be left standing in the visual department. Not slating the xbox but if you're really serious and passionate about flight simulator the PC is the way to go, consoles should have stuck to arcade style flying games but I suppose the xbox version is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi all

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram
OR

• 16 or 32 Gb Ram

Thanks

I can't comment on VR but I've played the sim on both PC and Xbox.

After seeing how well it ran on Series X I was hoping that would sate me and let me just game on console (rather than looking for another GPU!) - as I only ever really play FPS otherwise.

Technically it looks good and runs in 4K really well albeit capped at 30FPS; however I just found controlling it a bit annoying v the PC; it just all seemed a little more clunky and "slow" even with a mouse plugged in; I also missed the multitude of 3rd party stuff (including the excellent A320nx from Fly by Wire), proper liveries, tracking tools like Volanta of SimToolkit Pro.

Suffice to say I've ended up springing for a ridiculous cost GPU now but I don't regret it!

I would say mcuh depends on what resolution you want to play in; the Xbox will easily play in 4K

Associate
Re the community folder, I see lots of posts about changing its name, moving it etc before doing an update and putting it back one the update is installed so you don't lose any mods that you have installed, but why does Microsoft keep updating it if that is the case and are you missing something new if you delete the new Community Folder to replace it with your existing one.

Soldato
Nothing being updated or changed re the community folder.

It is simply to avoid the potential problem that newly incompatible third party mods in the community folder get loaded as the sim starts with a new update and cause issues.

Once the sim has successfully updated you can then move/rename the folder back and see if any issues occur.

Most of the time it’ll be unnecessary, but I did have one update where it crashed during the download repeatedly until I emptied the community folder… so it just saves you potential grief.

Associate
Nothing being updated or changed re the community folder.

It is simply to avoid the potential problem that newly incompatible third party mods in the community folder get loaded as the sim starts with a new update and cause issues.

Once the sim has successfully updated you can then move/rename the folder back and see if any issues occur.

Most of the time it’ll be unnecessary, but I did have one update where it crashed during the download repeatedly until I emptied the community folder… so it just saves you potential grief.

Thanks, thats explains it then

Back
Top Bottom