**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Will be getting this soon, Do you buy add on scenery etc in game and is it the same if you have the Microsoft or Steam version, Thanks

Soldato
Will be getting this soon, Do you buy add on scenery etc in game and is it the same if you have the Microsoft or Steam version, Thanks

There is the option to purchase addons both through the built in marketplace, external payware sites (such as individual developer websites, simmarket, orbX etc), and also there’s a large amount of freeware hosted in sites such as flightsim.to

The steam and windows store versions are basically functionally identical, however it’s worth noting that the windows version gives you both Xbox and pc versions, and also carries over most markeplace purchases between the two. Steam is steam alone, including any in game purchases.

Soldato
Just tried VR again, the first time since they first released it as I was left very disappointed with the performance. There seems to be a bit of an improvement since then, my GTX1080 is begging for mercy trying to drive my G2 on nearly all low settings, but it's a lot smoother than it used to be and is now actually playable with a decent enough experience. Also have OpenXR set to 50% scale and MSFS at 80% scale.

Can;t wait to upgrade my GPU one day, holding out for the next generation at this point though, I think they are going to be much more capable of driving VR games.

Soldato
I asked this a while back but I hear there has been an update that helps performance (CPU bottleneck or something?), so here goes again - what would the minimum spec CPU/GPU combo look like for MS FS 2020 in VR (HTC Vive) at 60FPS minimum on high quality settings? 5800X and 3070 maybe?

Soldato
Anyone else having scenery issues this morning? I assume it's related to streaming data.

5F63BC8BA346BDCCE778D8D83F2509E9D314FEC5

Just trying out the freeware A330-900, pretty sweet!

Soldato
I asked this a while back but I hear there has been an update that helps performance (CPU bottleneck or something?), so here goes again - what would the minimum spec CPU/GPU combo look like for MS FS 2020 in VR (HTC Vive) at 60FPS minimum on high quality settings? 5800X and 3070 maybe?

With my 5800x and 3080 I get around 40fps on my quest 2, with most settings fairly low (but not rock bottom). In 2d I can get around 60 to 70fps pretty much maxed out at 3840x1600 and in airliners I am ever so slightly cpu bottlenecked in big airports. I did turn up static airplane traffic to 100 though so major airports are packed with planes instead of being empty.

So to answer your question, you need a 3090 if you want 60fps locked and a serious cpu to feed it. 5800x min or a fast Intel chip. The update did make a huge difference to alleviate the cpu bottleneck, but you still need fast cores.

Soldato
With my 5800x and 3080 I get around 40fps on my quest 2, with most settings fairly low (but not rock bottom). In 2d I can get around 60 to 70fps pretty much maxed out at 3840x1600 and in airliners I am ever so slightly cpu bottlenecked in big airports. I did turn up static airplane traffic to 100 though so major airports are packed with planes instead of being empty.

So to answer your question, you need a 3090 if you want 60fps locked and a serious cpu to feed it. 5800x min or a fast Intel chip. The update did make a huge difference to alleviate the cpu bottleneck, but you still need fast cores.

Thanks I appreciate it a lot. This really demands high end gear doesn't it!

Soldato
Nope, I did EGKK - FLPG and everything was fine.

Got my full Airbus quadrant now

How’s the add on? I’ve had two on order for some time now and no stock anywhere but lots of promises! I bought a second quadrant a few months ago to compensate for not having the add on but I couldn’t be without a double quadrant now for DCS. I’ve just bought a 3rd from members market but it will be kept as a spare.

Caporegime
How’s the add on? I’ve had two on order for some time now and no stock anywhere but lots of promises! I bought a second quadrant a few months ago to compensate for not having the add on but I couldn’t be without a double quadrant now for DCS. I’ve just bought a 3rd from members market but it will be kept as a spare.
It’s decent enough. Feels solid, action on the levers is very smooth. Easy enough to map as well. Personally, I’d bin your current mapping and just start it all from fresh when you’ve got the complete set. I was pulling my hair out wondering why the spoilers weren’t working, eventually realised that my spoilers were mapped to the throttle on my side stick lol.

Back
Top Bottom