*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

only fight left for AJ is haye or jake paul.

Good grief but you are an idiot.

AJ went in with the complete wrong plan. He should have the best coaches and training money can buy but that was just stupid. He must have know his opponents technical ability and his endurance but decided against bringing it to him.

He will take the rematch. Win or lose he just needs to choose the right tactics and it will be a much closer fight.

Permabanned
Good grief but you are an idiot.

AJ went in with the complete wrong plan. He should have the best coaches and training money can buy but that was just stupid. He must have know his opponents technical ability and his endurance but decided against bringing it to him.

He will take the rematch. Win or lose he just needs to choose the right tactics and it will be a much closer fight.
Plenty of them on here by the looks of it.

Usyk is good no doubt about it but he can be beaten. One thing you can’t say about Aj is that he ducks anyone and even when he loses he takes it like a man, no excuses, no nonsense just gets on with it.

How people can’t respect that is beyond me.

Soldato
Waving is not throwing and the fact remains that the round did go the full 3 minutes.

Yeah, he was obviously in trouble and they probably did want to stop it - and likely would have if it had gone on for slightly longer, but that's not what happened.

Soldato
Dude your seeing what you want to see. Aj was tired but I wouldn’t say he was in a huge amount of trouble. He was on his feet dodging and weaving.

Going to have to disagree with that, a few more seconds and he was down imo, it looked like the ropes were holding him up.

Permabanned
Going to have to disagree with that, a few more seconds and he was down imo, it looked like the ropes were holding him up.
We can agree to disagree. I saw Usyk miss far more than he connected because Aj was weaving making him miss then hit him with a jab as the bell rang.

I was a bit like when whyte caught him and everyone massively overplayed how hurt he was. But each to their own.

Also did you see the state of Usyks face after the fight he looked like he’d been battered. So yeah a great personal performance by Usyk and a sub standard from Aj. Glad to see Fury showed some humility during the aftermath that was class.

Last edited:
Associate
I think people are going a bit OTT regarding the demise of AJ and how he has no chance in the rematch vs Usyk. Usyk won the fight comfortably however you only have to look back to the Chisora fight to see how AJ will have a chance in the rematch and should have put up a better fight in the first fight. For a lot of the fight vs Chisora, Usyk looked very uncomfortable, struggling with Chisora's size and although he was probably doing enough to win the rounds, it wasn't easy. Even vs Bellew at cruiserweight, Usyk struggled in the early rounds when Bellew really went after him - iinm Bellew was up on the cards when the knockdown came.

To me it doesn't seem like AJ has recovered mentally from the first Ruiz fight. Pre-Ruiz, AJ would have jumped on Usyk and looked to take him out early, even if it meant leaving himself exposed but since the Ruiz defeat he's been a lot more cautious in his approach - against a lot of fighters he's good enough to win that way but vs Usyk (and Fury) he's going to struggle. If and it's a big if, he can overcome that mental scar then I could see him winning a rematch.
Their are 2 problems with this plan. 1. AJ has a glass chin, 2. He boxes like he is afraid to get hit ever since the Ruiz fight. I cannot see AJ fully committing and leaning in on Ruiz. If AJ is overly aggressive, Usyk will counter and knock him out. Usyk made him stiff legged 3 or 4 times in this fight alone, and that's with his trainer telling him not to knock him out.

Back
Top Bottom