Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Cut all their spending will in the end be the only choice, history skips like a broken record in that respect. The politics is just hot air They shouldn't raise the ceiling, they shouldn't run a deficit but UK is no better. Uk also has the highest proportion of inflation linked national debt in the world, they cant not raise rates. Some pain in that but also I guess it means Sterling vs Dollar has a reason to rise if that were the case year to year.
Nat Gas is up in USA also, they have enough supply to replace all oil use afaik

Soldato
How are the Uranium guys feeling this week, I was tempted to stick what I had pulled from AML into Uranium but decided to go into RR instead...

Last few weeks have been in a depression as it got to end of quarter, still very bullish market and a good time to buy in these dips, they are a gift. Ive added another 15% to my portfolio in the last week.

Soldato
RR looks bullish for the moment, just simply looking for it to stay above the prior tops. [That large upwards pattern 30 to 130 last year) On a weekly close that'd be bullish, target upside is 160 nearby but also 220 is where the real big volume comes in.
Same as a lot of stocks that sold or were especially altered in revenue by global events, there is a big gap and/or rapid change in price that equates to an air pocket. I do hope its very light area we can get through, a rapid gain on the way back would be nice.
I reckon it can happen because they blew up the value of money, inflation is maybe 4% this year. GBP or $ more accurately is the common denominator in every price.

Similarly breakout to 4 to 4.4 for BP or 20 for RDSB, such large companies it cant happen easily but seems feasible. AAL is already doing better then forever, pullback but above 22 I think it'll keep repeating the highs and beyond. BHP holding above 18 and Poly above 12 is a good foothold to be optimistic

Soldato
RR looks bullish for the moment, just simply looking for it to stay above the prior tops. [That large upwards pattern 30 to 130 last year) On a weekly close that'd be bullish, target upside is 160 nearby but also 220 is where the real big volume comes in.

Does that take into account the RI? A target of 160 would be likely what 630ish in old value - which would be considered an OK price pre-covid.

Soldato
There is no real crash, if inflation is 3 to 4% and rates are far lower then you have continual easy money. It might be less easy then wanted and QE is a mess but all I see them doing is similar to the past, anticipated hard money wont appear. Currency is weak until government runs a fiscal surplus.

Speculatively we might be in a range from recent top to the July low, not sure its any worse then that.

Does that take into account the RI? A target of 160 would be likely what 630ish in old value - which would be considered an OK price pre-covid.

I did presume the graph is adjusted but I should check multiple sites for a better picture. FT are usually very good on graphs and comparing properly dividends inclusive or not for total returns and share dilution etc. The FT100 ignoring dividends only nominally looks rubbish, its not quite that bad yet the graph most commonly shown is a plain number

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well I've lost **** loads again :p

and i just bunged in another 75000kr only to watch it evaporating away over the past week....

Should have just paid off a chunk of the mortgage but that seems ridiculously unworthy it these days.

Soldato

and i just bunged in another 75000kr only to watch it evaporating away over the past week....

Should have just paid off a chunk of the mortgage but that seems ridiculously unworthy it these days.

Pretty much every drop over the past year or so has then been followed by a new record high shortly afterwards.

I'm not saying it will now but that has been the form. Even after the terrible January when it looked like the end of the world, the markets came back smashed a number of all time highs.

Soldato

:cry: there was a point where paying off my car loan to save 700 quid in interest was a bad idea. I'm starting to think it's the only sure thing :D

Back
Top Bottom