Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Good move, i've been really happy since i bought my Aftershokz

Cheers and so far very impressed

IMG-20211001-124806-01.jpg

Soldato
My Trekology UL80 died so I've gone for a more expensive mat this time - LW so bigger as well but lighter and warmer than the Trekology.

20210929-125353.jpg

I've recently got the Winter variant of that - Exped SynMat UL Winter LW and spent last weekend in an Amok with it. It's certainly much more insulating than the UL80 I was also using before! The UL80 is a really comfortable mat though, especially for the price. Shame yours died. Tried any warranty with Trekology for the UL80?

Associate
I’d be interested in how you find them compared to the 35 IIs.

I'll post a proper update once I've had some time to use them a bit more however:

Initial impressions are pretty solid, the aware/quiet mode switch is a nice touch and works well as I didn't really use Google Assistant on the 35s so having a dedicated button for something I'm going to use more often is welcomed. The build quality is as expected with improvements to the feel on the outer earcups and the padding on them as well but it's been a while since I had the Bose pads on my 35s as I've had them since launch.

I've had them out once in the heavy wind to try them out and the ANC issues I'd had previously in windy situations seem alleviated and the general ANC algorithm feels a lot more concise. I'd like the levels of control the 700s have but I don't feel it's a loss(I hated the build on them for reference) when you get such a comfortable headset and for someone like me, on and off is all I really need.

Off the initial impression would I say they're worth the £300+ if you're coming from the 35IIs? Probably not unless you have a grievance with them and even then they're still ridiculously good headphones. I had a gift card to use up at John Lewis and mine are currently somewhere in Texas so I had a reason, at least that's what I'm telling myself, to grab them.

Soldato
I'll post a proper update once I've had some time to use them a bit more however:

Initial impressions are pretty solid, the aware/quiet mode switch is a nice touch and works well as I didn't really use Google Assistant on the 35s so having a dedicated button for something I'm going to use more often is welcomed. The build quality is as expected with improvements to the feel on the outer earcups and the padding on them as well but it's been a while since I had the Bose pads on my 35s as I've had them since launch.

I've had them out once in the heavy wind to try them out and the ANC issues I'd had previously in windy situations seem alleviated and the general ANC algorithm feels a lot more concise. I'd like the levels of control the 700s have but I don't feel it's a loss(I hated the build on them for reference) when you get such a comfortable headset and for someone like me, on and off is all I really need.

Off the initial impression would I say they're worth the £300+ if you're coming from the 35IIs? Probably not unless you have a grievance with them and even then they're still ridiculously good headphones. I had a gift card to use up at John Lewis and mine are currently somewhere in Texas so I had a reason, at least that's what I'm telling myself, to grab them.
Thanks!

I think the battery is starting to fail on my 35 IIs (they’ve had a lot of use over the last couple of years WFH). I’ve been tempted by the Sony’s and the AirPod Max, but I keep coming back to the Bose.

Associate
Thanks!

I think the battery is starting to fail on my 35 IIs (they’ve had a lot of use over the last couple of years WFH). I’ve been tempted by the Sony’s and the AirPod Max, but I keep coming back to the Bose.

Yeah, in the beginning I felt like the battery was limitless but the last 18 months they've taken a bit of a hit. I'd still say the 35s were running 15-16 hours(about two days WFH) before needing a charge though so for 3 years of daily use it's not too horrendous.

I have had a set of XM4's and didn't like the feeling of them. The clamping force around my head was too much and wasn't anywhere close to as comfortable as the QC's and the ANC felt more aggressive and not in a way I liked. The touch controls were nice but I prefer the physical interface on the Bose as well. No experience with the Airpod Maxes sadly...I actually don't think I know anyone who has ever bought them.

Associate
Bought a house.

We rented in this part of Leeds 10 years ago and fell in love with the area, always dreamed of buying something around here but house prices in this part can be crazy. It's not quite what we were looking for but we fell in love straight away, after some major upgrades that we have planned it will be perfect.

51547022533_d24536a93b_b.jpg

Soldato
My Trekology UL80 died so I've gone for a more expensive mat this time - LW so bigger as well but lighter and warmer than the Trekology.

I really rate exped, my only issue is I have an absolute nightmare trying to pack their stuff into the little sacks, be it a pillow or a dry sack. It just cannot do it without taking ages and 4 million attempts. Then letting the person I’m with do it. :D

Caporegime
Bought a house.

We rented in this part of Leeds 10 years ago and fell in love with the area, always dreamed of buying something around here but house prices in this part can be crazy. It's not quite what we were looking for but we fell in love straight away, after some major upgrades that we have planned it will be perfect.

51547022533_d24536a93b_b.jpg
Congrats, but that is not a house.

Back
Top Bottom