Corsair Riser Cable

Associate
Hi.

I have a 4000X and a 3070ti FE with B550 Tomahawk.

Does the Corsair PCI 3.0 x16 Riser Cable work fine with these or do I lose performance?
Should I be getting a PCI 4.0 riser?
If so which one?

Thanks

Soldato
yes you lose a little performance, plus you lose a little performance with the riser cable also since its not as good as putting a gpu straight into a mobo.

if you get a pci 4 riser cable you still need to have a mobo with pci 4 also

we are only talking a few % here though, nothing major and you probably will never notice it.

Associate
OP
yes you lose a little performance, plus you lose a little performance with the riser cable also since its not as good as putting a gpu straight into a mobo.

if you get a pci 4 riser cable you still need to have a mobo with pci 4 also

we are only talking a few % here though, nothing major and you probably will never notice it.
From what I know my motherboard is PCI 4.0.

So its really down to get the pci 3 for under £40 and lose a couple of % or pay an extra £30 for Gen 4 to gain a couple more but still wont be full.

Sounds like if I really want the vertical mount Gen 3 is better option.

Soldato
From what I know my motherboard is PCI 4.0.

So its really down to get the pci 3 for under £40 and lose a couple of % or pay an extra £30 for Gen 4 to gain a couple more but still wont be full.

Sounds like if I really want the vertical mount Gen 3 is better option.

I would just get the cheaper one, its such a small difference that the eyes cant see it. It just shows up on benchmark charts as a tiny difference

Soldato
The gen 4 cable will give you that convenience of not having to play around with mono settings, so plug in and play.
This. If you ever need to reset your BIOS or update it etc you will need to connect the GPU straight to the motherboard to be able to configure the slot to 3.0 again, otherwise you risk getting no picture out.

I'd spend the extra and get the 4.0 cable. Performance loss is negligible, but convinience and compatibility are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom