Energy Suppliers

Caporegime
I've decided to commit to my current switch.

It's more than the current variable. But might be cheaper than the April variable update.

From what I gather the April price rise is already confirmed. And it's another hike.
And its bigger than this one.

Also all the current 3 year fixes are much much higher than the 3 year fix I've gone for.

Soldato
As I changed my deals via MSE's Energy Saving Club, I got an email from them and once I have been given a new supplier and tariff, I will put that info on my account and they can see what's cheaper (if any)

Watch the MSE club ... something isn't right there. I'm currently with OVO (but able to move penalty free if I choose) and they're completely missing when I get MSE to check for better deals, even when I ask it to show me every possible supplier and tariff.

Caporegime
Watch the MSE club ... something isn't right there. I'm currently with OVO (but able to move penalty free if I choose) and they're completely missing when I get MSE to check for better deals, even when I ask it to show me every possible supplier and tariff.

Yeah others are doing this too.

Other tariffs are available direct but the comparison sites aren't showing them

Soldato
I've asked HSBC to use the DD indemnity thing to claw back my last payment to Avro considering I am in credit with them for more than the payment, and they took it after I left, I am not sure anyone will care to stop me. Gives me less cash to chase from Octopus or whoever took over.

I'll leave the Utility Point one though as I'm with EDF and that should carry over without a problem.

Soldato
Got email from Octopus they rejected my meter reading, they want to validate themselves.

Probably because you admitted to submitting false readings. :rolleyes:

Done it before my expiry of 5 oct, sent one quite high, I am over £700 in credit it seems a no brainer. However I do wonder if they tally it on next quarterly bill rather than the reading date.

Soldato
Had an email from Bulb saying I’ve used £37 worth of gas and electric this month and should consider changing my DD to £96 a month :rolleyes:

Same but worse. I've used £79 gas/electric this month, in credit by £180 and paying £85pm.

They have emailed me suggesting I increase my DD to £185... they must be f'ing barmy, let alone the fact they're potentially going under :D

Soldato
How do the Ovo renewal costs compare out of interest? I'm with them until Nov.

Soldato
Same here. Found out on the news 2 days ago instead of them contacting to inform me, which was nice of them :mad:. I'm not happy about it. I'm hoping OFGEN switch me onto a similar tariff.

Lol good luck igloos prices were waaaaay too low so they were making a loss on every unit. I think you may be in for a shock as basically no-one is offering super low prices at the moment unless they want to go out of business

Soldato
/\/\/\ Thanks. I was overpaying on the direct debit for 6 months & another payment was taken yesterday. If OFGEM are good on their word that credit will go over to the new supplier & if they dont increase that payment, then I won't be too worried in the short term.

Soldato
I fixed last December and to fix again this december the gas has doubled! £350 extra for me at the moment. Hope things calm down and lower but I don't think they will.

Back
Top Bottom