Famous people who died young:

V F

V F

Soldato
Grace Kelly Rear Window is one of my all time favourite films.
Jayne Mansfield
Richard Burton
J T Walsh Cast in many films during the nineties, a couple of lesser known decent films Nicolas Cage (Red Rock West) and Kurt Russell (Breakdown).

I remember Breakdown and how intense that film felt at the time. No help, no understanding. Crazy to think that was 1997.

Then it was pure hatred revenge at the end.

Commissario
Caporegime
Anne Frank (15)
Joan of Arc (19)
Bonnie Parker (Bonnie and Clyde) (23)
Emily Bronte (30)
Eva Peron (33)

Billy the Kid (21)
James Dean (24)
Clyde Barrow (Bonnie and Clyde) (25)
Manfred von Richthofen (The Red Barron) (25)
Joseph Merrick (The Elephant Man) (27)

Man of Honour
I didn't realise James Dean and Buddy Holly died so young.

I offer Sean Lock

With Buddy Holly and James Dean it depended a great deal on how old you were at the time I guess, it resonated a bit more with you if it was someone near your own age.
I saw Buddy Holly and The Crickets live at the East Ham Granada in 1958, when I was 18, I remember it so well, that I can even remember who I took with me, Sylvia Davey, aged 16.
I still remember that try as I might, I never got past second base with her, I couldn’t understand that, I thought that I was God’s gift as an 18 y.o.!

Permabanned
OP
With an upper limit of 60 years old, a lot of historical famous people would qualify including many who weren't considered to have died young. Alfred the Great, for example.

That did cross my mind earlier...chronic diseases & pre modern medicine.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/...ncient-people-live-life-span-versus-longevity

After a bit of homework about the Tudor times.
Lucky to reach Adulthood & forty was deemed a good innings.
So... Henry V one,one,one @ 55 would have been considered as very old.
Shakespeare (52) had a good innings too then.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bob Ross

That Jackson guy i dare not mention his name

Kobe Bryant

Bruce Lee
Rumours are that Bob Ross got lymphoma from the fumes from the paint cleaner and how he whacked the brush against his easel to dry off the brushes. Though he used odourless stuff, it still has some fumes. Plus studio he filmed his fab Joy of Painting wasn’t as ventilated as should be.

My friend and I watch JoP (not together during lockdown) cheer at Van Dyke Brown!

Back
Top Bottom