Worst car you have driven

Associate
Ah there was a trick to the flooded engine push in the choke put the gas pedal to the floor, turn her over the air rush would clear the fuel and she'd start. A lost art indeed. Which reminds me of when I was telling a young lad how to start a petrol lawnmower on a cold morning and said to pull the choke out. "Whats a choke?" came the reply. That hit home.

Yes, that trick worked wonders most of the time, unless of course like me you had a weak battery and couldn't turn the engine over enough :D

Corsa C 1.0, i think my Dyson hoover had more power.

It had the most tinny door shut ever, felt like if i closed it too hard it would fold in on itself and warp into a blackhole.

I once had one of those as a hire car. Truly dreadful. I pushed in the clutch and almost put my foot through the bulkhead. The steering was horribly light and completely vague.

Caporegime
Yes, that trick worked wonders most of the time, unless of course like me you had a weak battery and couldn't turn the engine over enough :D

I once had one of those as a hire car. Truly dreadful. I pushed in the clutch and almost put my foot through the bulkhead. The steering was horribly light and completely vague.

I learnt to drive in a Corsa C 1.0. My instructor was anal with block changing and I went from 3rd to 5th going up a slight incline. It just wouldn't go past 50 with my foot to the floor.

Soldato
The original Renault Espace.

We had one in the company fleet and I had the misfortune to have it for a trip down the motorway.

Horrible horrible horrible thing to drive, it swayed about on the road and genuinely felt like it was bending on roundabouts.

Associate
Without doubt the worst car I've ever driven was a Land Rover series 2a - appalling ride, steering, performance, build quality. I'd always fancied having one until I drove a friends station wagon, but that put me off for life.

Associate
I had the displeasure of a Chrysler Voyager as a courtesy car ones (very random choice of courtesy car indeed).

Had pretty much no redeeming features and was an utter turd of a car.

Soldato
Most cars I've driven have been shocking:
Renault Megane Classic - first car, very old, broke down regularly.
Vauxhall Astra H - wasn't even that old but I felt the clutch going and engine power reduced, so got rid.
Renault Laguna - test drive, clutch was super sensitive, computer always hassling me about late gear changes.
Nissan Leaf gen 1 - test drive, grabby brakes, didn't feel in control, maybe related to regen braking.

Current car I actually really love:
Vauxhall Astra K Auto 1.4T Elite Nav

May end up with an Astra EV next.

Permabanned
OP
Just seen a FB page that made me chuckle & think of this thread;
“ If you was 007 for the day... what would your choice of car be”

Can you imagine some of the cars on here being kitted out.
( Certainly be well undercover then).

Soldato
I've not driven huge amounts of cars but did once borrow a picasso to move some stuff, it felt very unstable going 60+ on the duel carriageways, balloon tires or dodgy suspension felt like the wheel just randomly grabbed the road and dug in at an angle . prior to that was a Vauxhaul belmont, the thiefs that took it got the raw end of that deal!

Soldato
I've had my share of 70's and 80's ****boxes. But the car that surprised me the most about just how bad it was, was an F-Pace I hired whilst the mrs was away in the X3. (mentioned just for comparison) The F-pace felt unsafe. It wandered down straight roads and had poor traction on a roundabout that whilst can be slippy Its never been dangerous.... Until the F-pace.. I had hired it for 4 days and took it back early I thought it was faulty. But after speaking to a couple of previous owners. One as a company car handed it back after 2 days. It looks like they are just carp

Back
Top Bottom