When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
We do not have the infrastructure here for electric cars. Either the council would have the change the lay out of parking (as I have said in a letter to them), or run a wire across the pavement when an opportunity to to park directly outside would become available.
Just put down a deposit on a new car (petrol), so perhaps after this one it will be more viable.

Soldato
Seems one of the Mrs. colleagues is now getting a BEV after this weeks fuel disaster, as she literally couldn't get to work for 3 days, had a chat with her about owning and running a BEV, give her a ride in it, and she was surprised it was so 'normal' and is now in the process of sorting out either an ID.3 or ID.4, test drives happening over the weekend. She commutes about 50 miles per day and has off-street parking, so it makes total sense really, especially given her current car was due to be replaced in the next 12 months anyhow, so better trade-in value etc.

Soldato
Submitted my interest for a Hypervolt home charger (black / 5m tethered), now just waiting on their approved installer to get in contact to get the no obligation quote.

Tried applying for the Ohme charger via Octopus but didn't qualify for the £499 offer (I think because we are outside of the area that qualifies).

:)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Submitted my interest for a Hypervolt home charger (black / 5m tethered), now just waiting on their approved installer to get in contact to get the no obligation quote.

Tried applying for the Ohme charger via Octopus but didn't qualify for the £499 offer (I think because we are outside of the area that qualifies).

:)
I looked at the Hypervolt but decided on an Easee Robot charger. Can be daisy chained if you want another and has all the functionality of the Hypervolt.

Soldato
Soldato
Not a troll. Just a mild attempt at humour. There have been warnings about them. And yes I’m fully aware pumps need electric. But I’m not 10yrs old arguing about mega drive vs SNES like a lot of people seem to replicate with ICE vs EV discussions.

Where have the warnings been about power cuts? The National Grid have said there is ample capacity even with a huge increase in electric vehicles. I was surprised that there is still plenty of spare generating capacity given recent coal and nuclear station closures, but apparently so. Demand for power has dropped something like 16% since 2000.

There's way too much unfounded information being bandied around (and I'm not an EV user or even thinking of being so in the near future).

Soldato
I think the national grid view is the national average etc. and based on generation, the 1.5GW cable to Norway that’s just come online will help, however it has to be distributed so it’s local substations that will feel the strain and small area upgrades will become required, particularly if they don’t start controlling times people with those smart EVSE unit the government has been giving grants for.

Soldato
Caporegime
We know about the cable fire, but that's nothing to do with increased demand. The other factor to consider is how windy it will be (we don't know), which will dictate how much energy we'll need from other sources. The answer is, it all depends.
Who mentioned increased demand?

Soldato
Start of things to come - the, pretty, new 308 sw is only available as an ICE up to 130bhp and you need to buy hybrid for 180, 225bhp - unfortunately, its not a full bev platform - assume phev priority is for the carbon tax break, which seems somewhat a fallacy

Sep 2020
The real-world share of electric driving for PHEVs, on average, is about half the share considered in the type-approval values. For private cars, the average utility factor (UF)—the portion of kilometers driven on electric motor versus kilometers driven on combustion engine—is 69% for NEDC type approval but only around 37% for real-world driving. For company cars, an average UF of 63% for NEDC and approximately 20% for real-world driving was found. There are noteworthy differences between the markets analyzed, with the highest real-world UF found for Norway at 53% for private vehicles and the United States at 54% for private vehicles. The lowest UFs were for China at 26% for private vehicles, Germany with 18% for company cars and 43% for private vehicles, and the Netherlands with 24% for company cars
Decreasing combustion engine power while increasing all-electric range and frequency of charging improve real-world fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of PHEVs. Real-world fuel consumption and CO2 emission levels decrease by 2%–4% with each 10 kW of system power taken out of a PHEV. At the same time, adding 10 km of all-electric range improves real-world values by 8%–14%

private owners norway/usa showed phev usage with emission only 2x/200% of approved value., dashed vertical line is where distribution should be.

51542595260_634cf0361d_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom