Is it ok to be proud to be white?

Associate
So what Gay Pride about?

I mean if you can be proud of genetics then being proud of other genetics shouldn't be frowned on....

Personally I think you should be proud if axhieveme to not genetics but hey ho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_pride said:
Gay pride or LGBT pride is the promotion of the self-affirmation, dignity, equality, and increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people as a social group. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements.

You asked :) I just literally googled "So what Gay Pride about?"

Not sure where this weird threads come from and why they last so long. Sadly google didn't have an answer for that one.

Caporegime
You asked :) I just literally googled "So what Gay Pride about?"

Not sure where this weird threads come from and why they last so long. Sadly google didn't have an answer for that one.

Pride as opposed to shame?

Ate they saying that emotions towards lgbt are binary Proud or Shameful?

Can they not just be indifferent to it, like you would be expected to be indifferent to your race or anyone else's?

Man of Honour

Can they not just be indifferent to it, like you would be expected to be indifferent to your race or anyone else's?

That would be equality, which is the last thing that biological group identity advocates want. Especially biological group identity advocates extreme enough to be in favour of <insert favoured biological group identity> pride. They want conflict, dominance for themselves and subjugation of whichever biological group identity they're using as a scapegoat. That's why they always force a binary perspective - there must be The Righteous and The Evil and nothing else. Everyone who isn't wholly obedient is The Evil In All Ways.

It's not unique to biological group identity ideology (e.g. it can be nationalist, religious and/or ideological) but it's inherent in biological group identity ideology. There is no other purpose to biological group identity ideology. There might be some useful idiots for the ideology who somehow don't realise that, but they're just useful idiots for the ideology. They'll never have any say in anything.

Caporegime

Well for a very long time I was something looked down upon, and considered shameful or something you would be mocked for.

Don't get so hung up on the name of the day/festival

Or tl:dr "lol gay"

Caporegime
That would be equality, which is the last thing that biological group identity advocates want. Especially biological group identity advocates extreme enough to be in favour of <insert favoured biological group identity> pride. They want conflict, dominance for themselves and subjugation of whichever biological group identity they're using as a scapegoat. That's why they always force a binary perspective - there must be The Righteous and The Evil and nothing else. Everyone who isn't wholly obedient is The Evil In All Ways.

It's not unique to biological group identity ideology (e.g. it can be nationalist, religious and/or ideological) but it's inherent in biological group identity ideology. There is no other purpose to biological group identity ideology. There might be some useful idiots for the ideology who somehow don't realise that, but they're just useful idiots for the ideology. They'll never have any say in anything.

Not really we just want a fun day out.

The safety in numbers helps too, shame they have to wall off some areas for pride though to stop the attacks but hey ho, is what it is

Man of Honour
Not really we just want a fun day out. [..]

As I said, there might be some useful idiots for the ideology.

If I want a fun day out, I have a fun day out.

If I wanted irrational prejudice, discrimination, conflict, dominance for <insert group identity here> and subjugation of <insert group identity here>, I'd support the relevant flavour of group identity ideology. Maybe go as extreme as supporting the pride version of it. But I don't, so I don't.

Well for a very long time I was something looked down upon, and considered shameful or something you would be mocked for. [..]

Same for me. But I don't want more of the same at other people. It's not even a sane form of revenge because the vast majority of the targets had nothing to do with it. But of course group identity ideology makes realising that impossible since group identity ideology is the belief that "they're all the same". Adding the word 'identity' to the end of that phrase doesn't change the meaning in any way.

If there was an "a person's sexual orientation isn't important, let's all party together" movement, I'd be up for that party. But there isn't.

Soldato
Absolutely not true.

Stop trying to defend racism.

Shocking post by you

There was nothing shocking in that post and only one thing incorrect namely the suggestion that white people, on average, occupies a position at the 'top of the food chain culturally'.

If the benchmark for culture are things like science/ art output, happiness, low crime arrest and incarceration rates and good educational and work outcomes then white people, as a group, are falling well behind some other groups.

Soldato
Care to post some metrics to back this up.

Majority white countries are (currently) amongst the richest per capita globally but within those countries certain non white racial groups tend to frequently exceed the economic success of the average for whites.

Race/Ethnicity of Household Head 2018 Median Household Income in the USA

All races/ethnicities $63,179
Asian $87,194
White, not Hispanic $70,642
Hispanic (any race) $51,450
Black $41,361

About 33% of white British school students enrolled in university in the academic years 2010/11 and 2011/12.

That is the lowest enrolment rate of any ethnic group

—next lowest is Black Caribbean students at 37%. By comparison the highest performing groups were Chinese students (76%), Indian students (67%) and Black African students (57%).

Recent research suggests white British attendance has fallen since then.

In the UK Indians are stopped at 5/6 rate of whites and Chinese people at 1/3 of the rate for white people in the UK, on a per capita basis.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.../policing/stop-and-search/latest#by-ethnicity

Similiar stats exist in the UK and US for arrests, incarceration and police involved deaths.

Back
Top Bottom