MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Permabanned
I have no graphics card - not going to pay those insane prices for the graphics - let the PC gather some dust.

I will miss both the Windows 11 and this new BIOS version.

1000 euros for a crappy RX 6700 XT - better do something bad to those retailers scalpers. :mad:

Soldato
I updated to the new version launched 2 days ago, all seems grand, had to reenter my data for core offset but seems to be functioning well. CB23 pretty much as it was before, potentially a slight improvement, but more likely run to run variation.

Its all Win11 ready now, the TPM2 seems activated by auto in this update.
Nice! It's still Beta though, right?

I was going to ask actually, I ran the Windows 11 tool the other day and I failed on Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 - on the current stable firmware, what do I need to enable to get match ready?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Nice! It's still Beta though, right?

I was going to ask actually, I ran the Windows 11 tool the other day and I failed on Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 - on the current stable firmware, what do I need to enable to get match ready?

I'm guessing search for TPM in BIOS and then select enable.

Permabanned
Virtually all MSI releases are beta until the next one comes out, then it becomes the prime.
Not joking.
They're beta until the next beta release.

That's not true. Beta is beta and it remains beta until a normal version is released.
There are two betas one after the other, but when the second gets released, the first gets deleted, so in the official webpage the second version available for download is always a normal BIOS version:

MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | RETURN TO HONOR (msi.com)

Soldato
No, on MSI for tomahawk it isn't.
Yes, there is always a beta, and indeed it does remain beta, and stays that way, they rarely have an actual release candidate, the previous beta gets promoted with no changes to the release candidate when the new beta is released.
Its how they do things.

Soldato
No, on MSI for tomahawk it isn't.
Yes, there is always a beta, and indeed it does remain beta, and stays that way, they rarely have an actual release candidate, the previous beta gets promoted with no changes to the release candidate when the new beta is released.
Its how they do things.
he speaks the tru-tru

7C84v183 will become 7C84c18 (final???) then they will release 7C84c19x betas.

Soldato
Has anyone had any issues with the latest BT driver?

I bought a new Xbox controller the other day and I'm getting random disconnections whilst in game... I need to try a few more games first but it happens quite a bit in Rocket League.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Help guys; as soon as I enable Secure Boot and go to a UFEI hard drive I can't boot back into Windows. Switch back to CSM is fine...

I'm on the latest bios with TPM already configured.

That's because you installed Windows with legacy CSM rather than UEFI-style but unsecured, so your C: drive is MBR formatted rather than GPT.

Have a read here. That should give you a guide to changing over, and you shouldn't lose any data.

Soldato
Has anyone had any issues with the latest BT driver?

I bought a new Xbox controller the other day and I'm getting random disconnections whilst in game... I need to try a few more games first but it happens quite a bit in Rocket League.
Question: do the WiFi antenna improve BT signal strength? I don't use the onboard WiFi so they've not even been out of the packet...

Back
Top Bottom