petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
Local Sainsbury's looked fine- no queues. Oddly, they'd coned off the mini-slip road to the filling station, but were waving cars through a gap whenever they wanted to come in. Not seen any silly queues locally.

Soldato
Not you, fellow Cheshire-ite! Was a generic comment to the Southern Fairies! :cry:

Imagine thinking that living in an area suffering less with a problem, which is is far more likely the result of logistical differences and population density, somehow makes you "harder" than someone who doesn't :p

Honestly, is there anything that "northerners" won't pretend is due to some mythical, self bestowed character advantage over people who live abrtitraily "south" of them? I'm more surprised you aren't suffering more fuel consumption problems due to the sheer size and weight of that chip you're carting around on your shoulder :p

(that said, all my local stations are dry, so it's another weekeend sitting at home arguing on the Internet for me, hence the bitterness :()

Permabanned
Imagine thinking that living in an area suffering less with a problem, which is is far more likely the result of logistical differences and population density, somehow makes you "harder" than someone who doesn't :p

Honestly, is there anything that "northerners" won't pretend is due to some mythical, self bestowed character advantage over people who live abrtitraily "south" of them? I'm more surprised you aren't suffering more fuel consumption problems due to the sheer size and weight of that chip you're carting around on your shoulder :p

(that said, all my local stations are dry, so it's another weekeend sitting at home arguing on the Internet for me, hence the bitterness :()

Why not console yourself with a nice glass of shandy? :D

Soldato

I'd never have guessed. Feel free to jump on a train to Manchester and bring a jerry can with you. :cry:

In all seriousness it sucks. Feel free to scream at your local MP and vote in a new Government at the ballot box.

Soldato

Lmao brilliant.

Soldato

Only one way to settle this - fist fight, man to man.
You'll have to come to me though. I don't have any fuel. With what I have in the tank, I reckon I can make it as far as Harlow :D

EDIT: Wait, you're in Hertfordshire, you're hardly much further north than me :D

In all seriousness it sucks. Feel free to scream at your local MP and vote in a new Government at the ballot box.

It does. I'm fortunate because I don't "need" fuel, like I said. But I've still cancelled plans due to this. I am making the occasional recce to look for fuel, but I'm not going to start going too far afield nor queuing for it. I sympathise with those with a genuine need who are forced to.
As for the government, believe me, I'm no supporter.

Soldato
Filled up last Sunday and have been driving like a granny this week. Off boost and changing up at under 2.5krpm.

Averaging 45mpg vs my usual 35. Not fun but a hell of a lot more fun than catching a train to work. Brrrr.

f56 jcw.

Soldato
I'd never have guessed. Feel free to jump on a train to Manchester and bring a jerry can with you. :cry:

This isn't the MPs doing, this was started by our idiotic press stiring **** up.

There isn't really a lot the MPs can do. They have the army in filling the gaps, but it's only going to settle down once the panic buyers **** off.

Associate
This isn't the MPs doing, this was started by our idiotic press stiring **** up.

There isn't really a lot the MPs can do. They have the army in filling the gaps, but it's only going to settle down once the panic buyers **** off.

This ... I feel that once a good few photos of soldiers making fuel deliveries make their way onto the front pages of the papers, that maybe some folk will start to think for themselves again... But probably being overly optimistic here.

Cycled to the gym this morning 6.30 queue of old farts with newspapers and thermos mugs queuing already like it was a trip to the doctors. Probably all got 3/4 of a tank.

Saw similar scenes at 05:15 on my way to work , Lots of cars "parked" with lights off in Lane 1 of the dual carriageway because Esso were having a delivery. Queue stretched for over half a mile. If people only used what they actually needed, we wouldn't have this issue....much like the first time round when i'd wager these very same people were stockpiling for the end of the world.

Soldato

We're short of truck drivers, ultimately it's the Government's fault. Press might have shone a light on it, but having seen the supermarkets emptied during COVID panic buying was a likely event. They were unprepared for the last two years , then for extra LOLz sat on their hands for a few days until they realised it wasn't going away. Over a week later and the South East is still screwed. Of course it's the Governments fault.

Back
Top Bottom