• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
As someone with a C9, yeah they do seem to miss stuff with the newer TVs firmwares. By black friday the Cx could well be hard to find in some sizes as well.

I want a 48" model for my PC monitor but im waiting for a good deal, my 65" main TV is great.

Hopefully the LTT video pointing out the obvious today will tank the prices.

Also after the 48" for my Xbox and laptop. Just watched the LTT video, does kind of put you off with the burn-in issues.

Associate
Cant believe it still hard to get hold of a Series X when will the madness stop?

It's not like there are any games, well unless your obsessed with playing old ones or re-masters. With the userbase of new consoles there's no real rush from the developers either to push games. Why would they, launching to a limited audience. Tragic that such a good console is about a year old, has no games and few owners.

Soldato
@Kreeeee did you mention something about elite 3 controller? I seem to recall when we discussed how bad the QC is on the 2 but Google not telling me anything. Or perhaps you speculated when a new one may be released

Soldato
You should join us next weekend, it’s much better with a full team.

I use 1 acceleration, 10 vertical speed, 9 horizontal speed, all 3 dead zone settings for look set to 2.

FOV is at 90 as any higher and it affects your ability to aim. You definitely want to leave the right stick response curve as linear.

My accuracy is around 60% with those settings.
I finally got around to these settings and think I prefer yours over my old ones, thanks!

I played around with lowish sensitivity, and 5 acceleration and my aim seems better with high sensitivity and low acceleration

Associate
Do you think there will be a revised version of the series X coming, just like they did with previous Xbox's after about a year from launch?

I was going to buy the series x at launch, but found out they removed the optical port which I use for my surround sound. So didn't buy one in the end and was hoping the optical port might be put back in a revised version? To be honest I very much doubt they will.

I cant get hold of a X anyway, so waiting is not a problem. I have seen some hdmi / audio extractors but I think they are on hdmi 2.0?

Caporegime
Do you think there will be a revised version of the series X coming, just like they did with previous Xbox's after about a year from launch?

I was going to buy the series x at launch, but found out they removed the optical port which I use for my surround sound. So didn't buy one in the end and was hoping the optical port might be put back in a revised version? To be honest I very much doubt they will.

I cant get hold of a X anyway, so waiting is not a problem. I have seen some hdmi / audio extractors but I think they are on hdmi 2.0?

The revision of the last one came from the fact that Kinect failed and they removed it to cut cost and also to be able to sell it at a lower price point.

There is no such hardware bloat inside Series X, there is no cooling problem which needs addressing. Basically there is nothing immediate that needs addressing short of the typical finding parts which are cheaper and smaller which makes slimmer version, which is too soon for that at the moment.

So personally, no, I don’t expect a revision to arrive anytime soon and especially not to add parts in.

Man of Honour
I finally got around to these settings and think I prefer yours over my old ones, thanks!

I played around with lowish sensitivity, and 5 acceleration and my aim seems better with high sensitivity and low acceleration

No problem, although I wish I could go up to 12-13 for sensitivity and turn acceleration off completely.

Associate
The revision of the last one came from the fact that Kinect failed and they removed it to cut cost and also to be able to sell it at a lower price point.

There is no such hardware bloat inside Series X, there is no cooling problem which needs addressing. Basically there is nothing immediate that needs addressing short of the typical finding parts which are cheaper and smaller which makes slimmer version, which is too soon for that at the moment.

So personally, no, I don’t expect a revision to arrive anytime soon and especially not to add parts in.

Oh yes, I forgot about the Kinect version. I had that and I think they brought a newer version quite quick and it was around about £100 less?

I think you are right, I don't think they will release a new one any time soon.

Soldato
I think the revision down the line will be moving to 5nm once that is feasible. Both will jump up in specs, whether it's the outright performance or efficiency with the die shrink and maybe see more internal storage if the price keeps decreasing but that's about all. I don't expect them to chase 8K as that's not really feasible and aims at a minuscule market.

Man of Honour
I think the revision down the line will be moving to 5nm once that is feasible. Both will jump up in specs, whether it's the outright performance or efficiency with the die shrink and maybe see more internal storage if the price keeps decreasing but that's about all. I don't expect them to chase 8K as that's not really feasible and aims at a minuscule market.

8K is also completely pointless. 4K120 should be the next target as the baseline standard.

Back
Top Bottom