• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Does anybody have any spare curry's codes going for the PS5? looking for a couple of these; a couple of dads at my son's school have had no luck in getting one when they drop. I know Curry's send them out from time to time, would appreciate if anybody had any they don't need. Thanks in advance.

Caporegime
but the timer starts when you click download.
I wouldn't even get them half downloaded in that time.

That’s a bit silly I just clicked to download but won’t play until this evening. The trial would have run out by then.

Reading elsewhere, what you need to do (if your internet account is fast enough to download the title in 5/6 hours) is create a new PSN ID. Start the trial downloading on that new account. Then when it's finished, go back to your main PSN account and click the trial again. The timer starts but obviously no download to do as you've already done it so you can get the full game time in.

Soldato
I would like to try them both too, but the timer starts when you click download.
I wouldn't even get them half downloaded in that time.
Hmm didn't know that. Gave Sack Boy and go and yep I am sold. I'll go get it from cex this weekend. DS took me 3 hours to download. I'll check it later but not hopeful going by your reply!

Soldato
Reading elsewhere, what you need to do (if your internet account is fast enough to download the title in 5/6 hours) is create a new PSN ID. Start the trial downloading on that new account. Then when it's finished, go back to your main PSN account and click the trial again. The timer starts but obviously no download to do as you've already done it so you can get the full game time in.
Or presumably vice versa. I'll create a new account to see if it zeros the timer.

Caporegime
Or presumably vice versa. I'll create a new account to see if it zeros the timer.

That prompted me to think it could be per console trial to stop you just creating multiple accounts. But of course you can't transfer save files between PSN IDs so you'd be playing the first five hours over and over again. So it's probably not per console but per user.

Soldato

I can download it in a few mins….lol. It’s just silly that the trial starts when you start downloading it should be when you start playing but it is Sony.

Tried Death Stranding and yeah not for me really not a fan of Kojima games. Sack boy is fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah typical Sony give you something cool then make it a bit crap as well. I wanted to try DS because hmm Kojima to me is an acquired taste and the game gets so many marmite comments.

Glad I got to try Sack Boy it has a ton of charm and the pop music soundtrack is quality.

Soldato
Sackboy seem decent to play with a 5year old?

Depends on the skill of your 5 year old obviously but my 4 year old found it quite difficult as there are lot of times where you can fall or need to make precise jumps quickly.

But there is an infinite life option so you can just keep trying without a penalty which is nice.

Associate
Depends on the skill of your 5 year old obviously but my 4 year old found it quite difficult as there are lot of times where you can fall or need to make precise jumps quickly.

But there is an infinite life option so you can just keep trying without a penalty which is nice.

Yeh thats good info, shes not great at platformers but loves mario odyssey and yooka laylee where she can run around.
But infinite lives might solve that and she can still enjoy. Cheers both.

Soldato
Does anybody have any spare curry's codes going for the PS5? looking for a couple of these; a couple of dads at my son's school have had no luck in getting one when they drop. I know Curry's send them out from time to time, would appreciate if anybody had any they don't need. Thanks in advance.
There's a PS5 for sale in the MM

Back
Top Bottom