*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Dude your seeing what you want to see. Aj was tired but I wouldn’t say he was in a huge amount of trouble. He was on his feet dodging and weaving.

Come off it his corner knew he was finished and was going to get knocked out. Usyk held back as I think he wants the rematch as it's easy money and you will see him knock AJ out in the rematch

Caporegime
Come off it his corner knew he was finished and was going to get knocked out. Usyk held back as I think he wants the rematch as it's easy money and you will see him knock AJ out in the rematch
I don’t think you will. AJ will come in bigger and more powerful in the rematch. It will be a different kind of fight altogether

Soldato
I also think Fury could come a cropper next weekend. I don’t think he’s been training right and wilder will always have a chance.

As for AJ fight I’m not sure which way it will go, if he tries to outbox him again he’ll lose again though.

Soldato
I also think Fury could come a cropper next weekend. I don’t think he’s been training right and wilder will always have a chance.

As for AJ fight I’m not sure which way it will go, if he tries to outbox him again he’ll lose again though.

I've also got a sneaky feeling Fury is getting knocked out. Hes had personal issues not been training as he should and Wilder will come it a better fighter and hungry.

I hope I'm wrong though and probably I am.

Soldato
I think with Fury like normal it depends where his head has been/is at.

Did he want this fight? Probably not so has he struggled to get up for it...

He's also seen his mega payday go up in smoke.

I'd question his motivation to be honest. All things being equal Fury beats him again but I'm not 100% sure all things are equal.

Don
Their are 2 problems with this plan. 1. AJ has a glass chin, 2. He boxes like he is afraid to get hit ever since the Ruiz fight. I cannot see AJ fully committing and leaning in on Ruiz. If AJ is overly aggressive, Usyk will counter and knock him out. Usyk made him stiff legged 3 or 4 times in this fight alone, and that's with his trainer telling him not to knock him out.
I know, I said that in my post but he needs to get over that. Usyk isn't a massive puncher and if AJ can get over that mental scar then he's got a chance. Even with his chin, he's gone toe to toe with bigger punchers than Usyk, been caught and still won.

Soldato
Eubank Jr seems to have been wasting his time fighting nobody’s for about 90% of his career!

He’s 32, had 32 fights and fought for a proper world title once (against Groves and lost). I’d say the only ‘names’ he’s got on his record are a washed up Abraham and a washed up De Gale.

Needs to stop fighting Eastern European taxi drivers and step up at this point in his career.

Caporegime
Eubank Jr seems to have been wasting his time fighting nobody’s for about 90% of his career!

He’s 32, had 32 fights and fought for a proper world title once (against Groves and lost). I’d say the only ‘names’ he’s got on his record are a washed up Abraham and a washed up De Gale.

Needs to stop fighting Eastern European taxi drivers and step up at this point in his career.
Problem with that is that he’s not good enough

Soldato
Fury giving D.W a lot of respect in these lead up interviews is a nice change from all the garbage that you usually get into the lead up for the big fights. I reckon he’s got his number and is just super confident he beats him again.

Associate
I don’t think you will. AJ will come in bigger and more powerful in the rematch. It will be a different kind of fight altogether

I mean AJ's problem wasn't the size or power. He was far more powerful when they both in the ring but couldn't set up his punches because of Usyk's technical game. It was essentially AJ now knowing what to do with the southpaw angles. He was left of Usyk trying to throw the jab and right hand. The problem is you can't land good right hands when your to the left of the southpaw. You need to move to his right to do that. If you're on the left you throw left hooks and they're quite easy to land. But AJ didn't know this or do this and won't know to do this in the rematch because his trainers are clearly clueless.

AJ has no chance going to the head. He did have some success going to the body and this should be his strategy if he takes the rematch. Break the body and the hands will fall. Left hooks to the body especially would be his meat and potatoes given the angles he's going up against.

The other problem AJ has is he doesn't fight 3 minutes of a round. He takes allot of time off. I think to beat Usyk, he needs a faster pace. So really he should work on his stamina, not bulking, that won't help.

Associate
I've also got a sneaky feeling Fury is getting knocked out. Hes had personal issues not been training as he should and Wilder will come it a better fighter and hungry.

I hope I'm wrong though and probably I am.

I'm not sure Wilder can be a better fighter. He's tried a few pad drills but likely when the fight starts he won't know how to use them. His previous trainer revealed Wilder was way too arrogent and lazy to listen to instruction.

If anything I'd expect Fury, who is a real student of boxing having mimiced Ali's footwork and style, James Toney's shoulder roll, Chris Byrd's jab parry, to have improved his Kronk style more so than Wilder's improved.

From his interviews it's clear Fury is well aware Wilder's equaliser is still a huge threat and it's clear he isn't looking past him.

I do expect Wilder tries to start faster next time though

Back
Top Bottom