All creatures great and small

Soldato
Just realised a new series started last year. A real blast from the past. Some kind of time shift stuff going on. Is it any good?

What other shows would you like to see rejuvenated?

Dad's Army
Allo Allo
Howard's Way
Last of the Summer Wine

.....?

Soldato
Its very well done if you like a bit of nostalgia. Its not like the TV series if you remember that or watched on one of the repeats. Its not at all what Herriot wrote its more like a drama thats very loosely based on the books (the TV series followed the books very closely until the last fews seasons when they ran out of original material and had to make it up and the standard dropped sharply - Robert Hardy became good friends with the real life Donald aka Siegfried and acted a pretty good impression of him according to those who knew them)

But for a generation thats probably never even read the books or remember the original series you'll probably enjoy it, just don't read the books first.

Commissario
Yes, it's very good. There's a second series in the planning.

I think they did a good job of remaking it, there's some liberties taken but on the whole, I think the majority of the plot lines came from the books but were just tweaked a little. I enjoyed some of the additional background material they added.

And I like that James actually has a Scottish accent.

Soldato
wow, i remember watching this when i was a teenager and although I should have dismissed it as uncool or an old fogeys show, I found it strangely comfy and serine to watch.

If the new series is the same I might give it a go.

Associate
although I should have dismissed it as uncool or an old fogeys show, I found it strangely comfy and serine to watch.

If the new series is the same I might give it a go.

I think it’s a fab new series. It’s not trying to be anything other than what it is, which is great. The characters and their unspoken dialogue makes it a wholesomely fuzzy warm nice watch.

Back
Top Bottom