Famous people who died young:

Soldato
Unless I missed them.
Jeff Buckley 31 - tragic. If you haven't got his album Grace then you don't love music
Another in the 27 club James Marshall Hendrix - along with Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Amy and Brian Jones most of who already got mentioned
2 of the best ever rock drummers - Keith Moon and John Bonham
Paul Kossof and Tommy Bolin - hardly lived

Associate
A couple of weeks ago, I read about a few famous people who had links to the Sept 11th story.
MJ was meant to be in the towers that day but overslept.
He had been up late talking to his Mother & Sister on the phone.

Paula Yates:
She found out in later life, that her Father was actually Hugie Green.
(Not Jess Yates, another popular TV presenter in the 70’s)
Apparently, Jess & his wife had only been married a few weeks, when her Mother had the liaison with HG.
Lena Zavaroni ( already mentioned) had a tragic life too & was discovered on Opportunity Knocks.
( Hosted by Mr Green)

Reminds me of the story about Lindsay Wagner and Flight 191 the footage of this doomed flight is awful, and I hate flying.

Flight 191 is considered the most unluckiest flight number, given the amount of unfortunate events which have taken place to flights assigned this designation. :(

Soldato
I was just going to post this that no one mentioned him but you beat me to it!

I was too young to have witnessed him live but would be the first if I had a choice.

Bohemian Rapsody was free on Prime Video earlier this year, which gave a history of his life up to Queen's infamous Band Aid performance, was quite good for a film type I wouldn't normally watch.

Soldato
Now for something a bit different two ladies from the Victorian era.

Isabella Mary Beeton aka Mrs Beeton who wrote books on cookery and household management was only 29 when she died.

Aida Lovelace who worked with Charles Babbage was the first ever computer programmer, she died at the age of 37.

Moving on to something different, has any one mentioned Elvis Presley?
EDIT: Yes post number 8!

Man of Honour
Bohemian Rapsody was free on Prime Video earlier this year, which gave a history of his life up to Queen's infamous Band Aid performance, was quite good for a film type I wouldn't normally watch.

There were at least 30 glaring mistakes in it, I thought it was awful.
I followed Queen from before the first album and knew a lot about them.

Soldato
Minnie Ripperton

Rumours are that Bob Ross got lymphoma from the fumes from the paint cleaner and how he whacked the brush against his easel to dry off the brushes. Though he used odourless stuff, it still has some fumes. Plus studio he filmed his fab Joy of Painting wasn’t as ventilated as should be.

My friend and I watch JoP (not together during lockdown) cheer at Van Dyke Brown!

From the documentary I saw he'd had issues with some form of cancer as a young man and was declared clear, I guess it returned they often do

Back
Top Bottom