Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone else had a problem with their screen not waking up when tapping it? I quite often have this - I tap the screen and nothing happens. Only way to get it to wake up is to press the power button, after which tapping the screen while it's off is fine for a while. My wife's iPhone 13 Pro Max does the same thing from time to time so I'm fairly convinced it isn't a hardware issue.

Also, occasionally in some apps, mostly Chrome, I've had the lower part of the screen flickering while the keyboard is active. When the keyboard is gone it's all back to normal and I've only seen it happen probably 3 or 4 times. Very odd.

Soldato
There’s an article over on Tom’s Guide highlighting both the 120hz issue and the inconsistent touch screen - particularly tap to wake.
According to the writer both should be fixed with a software update…

Associate
Any one recommend a decent MagSafe vent car mount to hold my iPhone ? Something that is strong and can handle the bumps and frisky driving. I’m looking at the Spigen OneTap one. Don’t need charging and that seems to look to do it. Anyone else using them ?

Soldato
$$$

Certified MFi accessories makes a huge amount of money and iPhone's sell in their tens of millions per month and people buy tons of accessories for them. iPad's don't.

Soldato
Dam :(

That strange as apple been changing almost all there ipads to USB-C why not there latest iphones :confused:
(think i seen somewhere that even the new ipad mini is now USB-C)
USB c would make the iPhone look cheap. Like an android handset. I’d rather it go portless than go usb C

Soldato
Any one recommend a decent MagSafe vent car mount to hold my iPhone ? Something that is strong and can handle the bumps and frisky driving. I’m looking at the Spigen OneTap one. Don’t need charging and that seems to look to do it. Anyone else using them ?
I got this one if it helps. However if I was in your position and didn’t need the charging I’d probably get the Spigen - their cases have never let me down.
The magnet on mine is super strong and I live in Northern Ireland where over the half the roads are questionable at best and my phone hasn’t once fell off. It also works on a couple of non MagSafe cases I own which is pretty cool.

Soldato
Apple silicon case not cheap as you’d expect from Apple. However it does the job and lasts longer than other ones. Also if it does break Apple replace them even after 2-3 years.

The silicone cases are expensive but actually one of the best options. Decent protection yet very thin and adds little bulk to the phone whereas most cases seem to add quite a bit around the edges in the name of 'protection'. Also pretty grippy.

USB c would make the iPhone look cheap. Like an android handset. I’d rather it go portless than go usb C

Agreed. Putting aside arguments over speed and protocols, the physical USB-C connector is utter garbage and looks cheap as hell next to Lightning.

Soldato
Arranging for my 13 Pro to go back, in comparison to my XS it feels too heavy and cumbersome. Never thought I'd say that. I think I'll probably wait until next year for now.

Soldato
Which one has the best camera out of the iphone 13 pro/max & samsung s21 ultra ?

I remember seeing some reviews showing some amazing zoom levels with the S21 ultra camera

Associate
I got this one if it helps. However if I was in your position and didn’t need the charging I’d probably get the Spigen - their cases have never let me down.
The magnet on mine is super strong and I live in Northern Ireland where over the half the roads are questionable at best and my phone hasn’t once fell off. It also works on a couple of non MagSafe cases I own which is pretty cool.

Thanks. I ordered one minus the charging and it has came already. I got it mounted without the arm on my vent and went for a little drive. The phone didn’t fall off which is a bonus so it seems to be alright. I’m using an Apple Leather case. I wish it mounted a bit closer to the vent but apart from that so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom