Overclockers UK New Website Launch! Queries Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just noticed OCUK's new website, first thing i delved into was accounts and see if anything's changed.

Straight off the bat i noticed all my saved addresses were gone, will these be reimplemented or will we have to put them in again?

Also queries for existing/ongoing orders, can they be managed now directly through the order history page or will it be something that is still maintained over email/forums CS section?

Site looks good, but i do miss the old colour scheme with the black background, made it abit easier to read.

New Site: PC Systems & Components | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Looks like there's no option to reject the tracking cookies? The only option is to accept them all. GDPR might be having some words with you :p

Soldato
OP
Looks like there's no option to reject the tracking cookies? The only option is to accept them all. GDPR might be having some words with you :p
Yeah noticed this too lol, maybe it's not officially live yet? But i can order through the new page, got to payment section no problem.

Soldato
too white, bad font size, bad for accessibility

it FAILS miserably in the google test for SEO/ good standards
11 out of 10. even bad sites get 40+
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https://store.overclockers.co.uk

compared to
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=apple.com
Better than the old site though:
Lighthouse returned error: ERRORED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Status code: 503)Dismiss

:D

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Yeah noticed this too lol, maybe it's not officially live yet? But i can order through the new page, got to payment section no problem.

Oh looks like the old site did the same thing too :/.

Given the GDPR fine is the greater of £17.5m or 4% of turnover that's a lot of Haribo :o

Soldato
looks like the old shop with a new skin that's better in some places but worse in others.
basically a pointless change imo.
Have you considered it may be a new underlying platform and the skin is just the "presentation" layer, and designed to be kept consistent?

Or are all of your observations skin deep and lacking any real thought?

Soldato
Still no proper way to filter results on a page. For example it is not possible to filter all 80 plus plat power supplies by their wattage or filter RAM by their size.

Almost as bad as Amazon. I find OCUK to be cleaner/more readable.

Soldato
OP
Oh looks like the old site did the same thing too :/.

Given the GDPR fine is the greater of £17.5m or 4% of turnover that's a lot of Haribo :o
I'm sure there's an explanation for it, wait for devs to join in on Monday :p.
Have you considered it may be a new underlying platform and the skin is just the "presentation" layer, and designed to be kept consistent?

Or are all of your observations skin deep and lacking any real thought?
They're defo using something like shopify / Shop as the base with a skin on top, the payment page feels generic like other stores i've used.

Still no proper way to filter results on a page. For example it is not possible to filter all 80 plus plat power supplies by their wattage or filter RAM by their size.

Almost as bad as Amazon. I find OCUK to be cleaner/more readable.

Yeah that's one thing i thought they would implement when they said they were migrating/building a new site. Maybe there's more to come yet but the lack of a decent filter always gets me, i spend too much time trying to find what i actually want to look at without having to sift through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom