Poll: DAB+ is the future? Digital terrestrial radio broadcasting

Which method do you prefer when listening to radio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
OP
I'll stop you after your first sentence. That's clearly bs.
My fairly ancient piece of kit supports streaming and there's plenty of other gear now around that does too.

Sounds like your kit is from the stone age. Try bringing yourself into the 21st century.

Is this irony or sarcasm?!

When did analogue FM signals appear for the first time?
I will tell you - in 1933.

Do you realise that DAB+ is much more modern than the ancient technology that it replaced?!

Also, I can listen to my favourite music via TV channels, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, why should I care about net streaming?
It is the most disgusting and unpleasant method for listening. Paid and inconvenient.

For net streaming, you need:
-reliable connection without drops in the speed or connection losses;
-monthly payments for it;
-router;
-computer or another receiver that is capable.

For DAB+, you need:
-a receiver.

Last edited:
Soldato

When did analogue FM signals appear for the first time?
I will tell you - in 1933.

Do you realise that DAB+ is much more modern than the ancient technology that it replaced?!

Also, I can listen to my favourite music via TV channels, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, why should I care about net streaming?
It is the most disgusting and unpleasant method for listening. Paid and inconvenient.

-router;

For DAB+, you need:
-a receiver.

Choice, the limited method of media consumption you listed is restrictive and outdated you could say redundant in this day and age,, similar to why anyone would purchase a 4k 24" monitor now and not spend a little more for a larger screen with HDR.

Don't get me wrong though some prefer physical media however those people I assume would also use the Internet as a viable source of digital media along with DAB. The difference is that those people don't tell others they are wrong and that their choice is disgusting.

The only thing unpleasant here is your social skill.

Permabanned
OP
And you have none of the above?

I have none of the above for listening to the radio.
Those are products which I use for a specific other purpose and I do not carry them with me at all times, nor I plan to be dependent on them!

And you have none of the above? Exactly how do you access the internet and post your inane **** here then?

You computer spec shows your complete lack of any technical knowledge. For example a 24" 4k monitor! You really have no clue do you.

4K on a 24-inch display looks outstanding because of the high pixel density.
There are 4K smartphones, if you don't mind! :D

The only thing unpleasant here is your social skill.

Leave the thread, man.
Next time you attack me, will result you in the ignore list!

Man of Honour
Can't say, have one but it doesn't matter. I am waiting for a proper, electric one but the manufacturers except Tesla don't make cars with decent range. I need at least 500 miles range.

Ah, yes. Infamy is a b***h to outrun, isn't it.

Incidentally, why do you need miles when the distance measurement within the EU is kilometres?

Soldato
I have none of the above for listening to the radio.
Those are products which I use for a specific other purpose and I do not carry them with me at all times, nor I plan to be dependent on them!

4K on a 24-inch display looks outstanding because of the high pixel density.
There are 4K smartphones, if you don't mind! :D

Leave the thread, man.
Next time you attack me, will result you in the ignore list!

So it's fine that you continually attack everyone's opinion and take no notice after being continually told that the vast majority care little for Dab+?

What did you think was going to happen when you call internet streaming which I do daily disgusting.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

-router;

For DAB+, you need:
-a receiver.

???
Now I'm really confused.
How do you not already have a net connection? After all, you're responding in this thread?

You make it sound like you're either on dial up modem or live in north Korea.

Seriously, I struggle to believe that you don't already have a home net connection sufficiently capable of streaming music.
The fact that you're deliberately avoiding using it is just bizarre.

Even my mother uses net streaming, and she's been retired for 10 years.

Come on, get with the times, stop buggering about with a now obsolete format and enjoy yourself. Just go watch some music videos or concerts on YouTube, then delve in where you think something's good.
No idea why you'd tie yourself to a format that I assume is full of adverts and simply can't compete with full CD bitrate streaming.

Permabanned
OP
???
Now I'm really confused.
How do you not already have a net connection? After all, you're responding in this thread?

You make it sound like you're either on dial up modem or live in north Korea.

Seriously, I struggle to believe that you don't already have a home net connection sufficiently capable of streaming music.
The fact that you're deliberately avoiding using it is just bizarre.

Even my mother uses net streaming, and she's been retired for 10 years.

Come on, get with the times, stop buggering about with a now obsolete format and enjoy yourself. Just go watch some music videos or concerts on YouTube, then delve in where you think something's good.
No idea why you'd tie yourself to a format that I assume is full of adverts and simply can't compete with full CD bitrate streaming.

Well, the thing is that where I am the net streaming versions of the terrestrially broadcast popular radio stations are at the same low-quality as their FM versions.
So, it's not worth it.

I told you why. I am using the internet but find extremely inconvenient to listen to net streams.
Because it requires a paid connection which introduces instability because tomorrow I don't know if I will be willing to pay anymore for internet.
And because it requires additional apps which I don't use, etc...

You avoid the question - explain how would you propose to evolve the ancient, stone age analogue FM signals?
Hope you won't say net streaming because most pensioners don't use internet, even despite that your mother is an exception rather than a rule!

Net streaming is supplementary and optional.
While DAB+ is the official, widely adopted broadcasting that should be used by the majority and as a primary source.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
4k8k:

- you seriously expect is to believe that you’d deliberately cut yourself off from the net?
- you claim that it’s an exception for the old to have net connection. Stats from 2019 would suggest otherwise:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/itandinternetindustry/bulletins/internetusers/2019
- again, you’ve complained about the quality of FM, and I’ll respond the same, ie go listen to a decent FM tuner. The quality from a “good” tuner can be astounding. Go look up details of tuners like the Day Sequerra.

Associate
At the end of the day he's making his observations based on poor quality low end equipment, I doubt he has ever heard a good HiFi system, let alone a decent FM tuner (Magnum Dynalab) so has no reference.

He is obviously a sad lonely little man probably still living with his parents and getting off on forum members engaging with him, time to stop feeding this troll.

_72424023_sorry.jpg

Permabanned
OP
"Eduardo Montefusco, President of RDS and of the DAB Italia consortium said in a recent interview: “I often hear that DAB+ is the future of radio while it is already the present of the evolution of radio. DAB+ is a revolution in progress, which already covers 83% of the Italian population for outdoor and mobile reception, especially by car. Today we know that DAB+ is in almost 8,100,000 car receivers which will probably exceed the 9 million mark at the end of the year."

News | WorldDAB

Soldato
Listening to the radio streamed through my pc in work today, so convenient pausing or rewinding when my mobile rings.

P.s. I don't care about Dab+ or Italy.

I think we should have a poll

Which method do you prefer when listening to radio

FM
Dab
Streaming

Anyone else agree or have a better suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom