My hair transplant journey

Caporegime
Sure dowie, like I said lets just agree to disagree and leave it there. :)

You already said that?

If you’ve got something substantial to add then just add it. I’m happy to agree to disagree with dubious assertions. You chose to quote me initially not the other way around, if you don’t like people having different opinions then ignore as you seem to have already done with the poster I initially quoted. No one is forcing you to reply and getting a notification with “sure dowie..” isn’t adding anything here.

Caporegime
You already said that?

If you’ve got something substantial to add then just add it. I’m happy to agree to disagree with dubious assertions. You chose to quote me initially not the other way around, if you don’t like people having different opinions then ignore as you seem to have already done with the poster I initially quoted. No one is forcing you to reply and getting a notification with “sure dowie..” isn’t adding anything here.
I was trying to be polite (maybe too much so) in order to end what I know is a daft back on forth on a topic I am comfortable with and have no desire to debate, but if you prefer to do things the 'belligerent-e-peen' way then sure, on ignore you go and it will never be an issue in future and no skin off of either of our noses. Take care! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys. It's now been 9 months since I had my HT and I am ready to share my results, as it has now reached a significant proportion (I estimate 70-80% or so) of the final product.

What I will do is post the before and after shots of each angle of my head. Forgive the "after photos" of not being great quality, was taken with my phone cam with is now a couple of years old.

Also bear in mind for the "before" photos that I hadn't had a haircut in a while in preparation for the surgery.

Here we go, all nicely ordered for you... :)

So, what do I think so far? It is safe to say that I am happy, nay delighted, that I had this surgery before my hair loss got too bad or noticeable. I now have hair that is not only as full and thick as 10 or even more years ago, but ironically now that the hairs are thicker, they lay better on my head and I can do better styles than I did before, achieving that wavy look with very little management or hair product.

Absolutely no-one, other than those few I have specifically told, knows or can tell that I have had FUE surgery and I now get a lot of unsolicited compliments on my hair, either that it is still full for my age (which makes me smile inside) or that it just looks good and suave.

The most important thing when doing something like this is:

1. Do it for yourself and no-one else. Don't go around telling people (in real-life of course) that don't need to know.

2. Pay no attention to naysayers trying to drag you down for doing something like this, because their opinion ultimately means nothing and most talk complete ignorant BS anyway.

3 You get what you pay for; choose a good surgeon in an established practise with lots of positive feedback, even if it costs a little more. Preferably as local as possible that travelling there for checkups etc is not a big effort.

Along with laser eye surgery, this ranks as one of the best "quality of life" choices I have ever made and I do not regret it for a second and I am very much looking forward to seeing my 100% results at the end of the year. :)

Looks good, mind if I ask yo uthe cost of getting these results?

Caporegime
@Richdog puts everyone that disagrees with him on ignore.

He appears to have very fragile emotional resilience and I can only wonder how he deals with real life!

To be fair, balding can make people incredibly self-conscious. We had to stop teasing a friend of ours about it in his 20's as he slid into depression due to the Norwood reaper.

Soldato
What recommended UK clinics are there? I don't fancy seeking out a medical procedure abroad should anything go wrong getting back home could prove massively expensive and followups would be awkward also.

I'm about a NW2, so I don't suppose it would be more than 1000 grafts.

Caporegime
Any reason you guys went with a shaved head procedure rather than unshaved? I remember seeing an article some years ago about people unshaven head procedures during lunch hours.

LOL... I had to google it so see if you were being serious, then I saw some mad doctors do actually do it without shaving the head! I would have thought this was quite obvious and didn't need much explaining, but not shaving the head that would be really impractical and make the entire process more difficult as all of the existing hair would be in the way, which would not only restrict visibility and accuracy for the surgeon when designing the implants and performing the actual operation, but it would also make the aftercare a nightmare for the patient. I mean seriously, wtf. :eek:

EDIT - More info here https://www.estenove.com/en/hair-transplant-without-shaving-your-head-is-it-possible/

Just... no...

Soldato
Bit of a thread bump but any recommendations for shampoo?

I've been out of the one I was using for a while, and that was different to the one before.

Hair loss is receding hair line and some thinning on top of that helps.

Caporegime
Bit of a thread bump but any recommendations for shampoo?

I've been out of the one I was using for a while, and that was different to the one before.

Hair loss is receding hair line and some thinning on top of that helps.
I use Nizoral ~three times per week (I leave it in my hair whilst I shave in the shower). No idea if it helps baldness really - I'm sceptical - but my hair looks and feels great (as great as my hair can be) after using it.

Anyway for those interested I've been taking DHT inhibitors and minoxidil for 9 months now and my hair is a lot better than when I started. A few fibres now and you wouldn't know I was balding.

Still going for an HT at some point next year.

djSCOdk.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow congrats, that is a significant difference. No side effects from the drugs?
Thanks. You've unblocked me now then? :cry:

I've had absolutely no discernible side effects from finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil. I gather they are much rarer than purported on the internet.

Still targeting an HT once the improvements plateau.

Caporegime
Thanks. You've unblocked me now then? :cry:

I've had absolutely no discernible side effects from finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil. I gather they are much rarer than purported on the internet.

Still targeting an HT once the improvements plateau.
I click to view posts dependant on the topic. ;) Happy to hear you had no side effects, I didn't want to try it as I don't liek the thought of any kind of regular medication and my consultant said in my case it wasn't really necessary. I definitely recommend HT, my hair looks awesome now and people can never guess or even assume that I ever had it done.

Back
Top Bottom