Caselabs To Return!!

Soldato
Just seen the latest Gamers Nexus HW News episode. It appears that what was left of Caselabs has been bought up and the original product line up is being brought back to market, to begin with.

I'm quite excited about this, always wanted to own one of their cases and never got the chance. Hopefully get some updated and new designs.

Soldato
Mixed emotions here. The new owners don't sound like they know much about the manufacturing process, so I'm guessing they haven't been able to get any of the old crew onboard. Still, always was a fan so I wish them success. Here's the video in question;

Soldato
@HoneyBadger @Jokester could you elaborate? I've only ever heard good things.

I had the ITX one, which was still massive. But yes as Joker says it was very industrial, paint job was poor and scratched easily, as in by looking at it and it wasn’t smart in anyway, as in smart touches, it was just a big heavy metal box which didn’t go together very well in terms of panels which is fine if it’s priced appropriately, but they weren’t.

Caporegime
Always seemed like one of those things people spent lots of money on just because. The quality was awful from reading about, but yet people still bought at 500% over other equivalent cases.

Almost a carlsberg affect.

Soldato
If the new owners get the manufacturing nailed in will be interesting to see what price point they relaunch at,

As above I had one and it was great for mounting rads but I've had better quality cases from Phanteks and my current Corsair

Soldato
They weren’t a bad case, they just overcame issues by the sheer size of them, the fact they were reasonably modular was good, but as always it’s all about the money, and having to get one from the USA, and pay associated taxes meant it was £600+ and for that, you expect a bit of premium. If they can find a good EU distributor and price it well, I’m sure they’ll do just fine.

Bearing in mind you had no extras either. Basic things like dust filters, I remember paying about £60 for a set of demciflex filters for it.

I just remember at the time, thinking this is not worth the money and wondering what all the fuss was about.

Associate
Considering how much the competition has evolved and added some refinement on top of quite decent radiator support, won't be easy for them to simply sell cases anymore, or at least charging as much for what they offer.

Associate
Considering how much the competition has evolved and added some refinement on top of quite decent radiator support, won't be easy for them to simply sell cases anymore, or at least charging as much for what they offer.

agreed.. that was my first thought.. they would essentially be just another average case manufacturer. with a super high price

Associate
Always nice to have options.
Just hope they can offer something unique, as there’s plenty of suitable cases available for the target public of CL in the past.
Plenty of cases will be almost perfect, but something some users may want isn’t available. The way to go is modularity, simple things like Lian Li brought with their new case (motherboard can be moved a bit down to allow extra space for AIO).

Back
Top Bottom