So I switched teams and I might regret it

Associate
I am a seasoned overclocker of a 4770k and 8700k... I just gave up my prize 5.4ghz 8700k system and joined the hype on an x570 5900x. I have an EK custom loop with a velocity block....and man...I cannot figure out how to overclock Ryzen. Have followed about 50 YouTube tutorials and everything results in worse performance...not.only that...my 3090 overclocks worse on this system.
I appreciate there isn't much head room in these chips but overclocking seems way more drawn out even using pbo2!

Am I missing something or is my ram just giving me a bad time. I'm rocking my 3000cl15 from my intel build but have it running at 3200 cl16. It's going to cost about £300 to get anything better...

Help!

Associate
OP
I guess all core yea - this is what i mean, its a bit confusing - during the 8700k days you had one goal.. to ramp that bad boy up. So i like benchmarking in time spy - during the CPU benchmark I got to 5.148ghz on 3 cores, 5.048ghz on 3 cores, and 4.873 ghz on the remaining 6 cores. That is without much tweaking and using PBO. Thats max clocks - temps peaked at 72C on the hottest core, so not throttling yet. is this good, bad or average?

I hear a 4.75 all core is good? - do i need to be looking at average sustained clocks or max clock? The core clock logged by 3d mark was 5.095ghz

Soldato
I guess all core yea - this is what i mean, its a bit confusing - during the 8700k days you had one goal.. to ramp that bad boy up. So i like benchmarking in time spy - during the CPU benchmark I got to 5.148ghz on 3 cores, 5.048ghz on 3 cores, and 4.873 ghz on the remaining 6 cores. That is without much tweaking and using PBO. Thats max clocks - temps peaked at 72C on the hottest core, so not throttling yet. is this good, bad or average?

I hear a 4.75 all core is good? - do i need to be looking at average sustained clocks or max clock? The core clock logged by 3d mark was 5.095ghz
The core clocks look pretty decent so you really want to focus on the memory now, 3600-3800 1-1 fclk and tighten the timings as much as you can, I wouldn't buy new ram just yet and would see how much you can squeeze out your current stuff.

Back
Top Bottom