Elder Scrolls VI Announced!

Soldato
God I hope not!

I was jesting, just in case you weren't aware. :)

Oh boy, I hate to ruin your day... But yea, same engine. Creation Engine, although it's called Creation Engine 2 and is also what Starfield is being built upon... But, knowing Bathesda it's probably just a upgraded version with modern graphical features slapped on.

Associate
Oh boy, I hate to ruin your day... But yea, same engine. Creation Engine, although it's called Creation Engine 2 and is also what Starfield is being built upon... But, knowing Bathesda it's probably just a upgraded version with modern graphical features slapped on.

Oh no not again.

Soldato
Oh no not again.

Yeaaaaaa, my hopes are far from high for this one. As much as I adored Skyrim (and yes, Oblivion and Morrowind were vastly superior in my mind when it came to the RPG side of the element), I just don't see them pulling it off again. It will be even more dumbed down and the same old bugs that's plagued the series for decades.

Associate
Yeaaaaaa, my hopes are far from high for this one. As much as I adored Skyrim (and yes, Oblivion and Morrowind were vastly superior in my mind when it came to the RPG side of the element), I just don't see them pulling it off again. It will be even more dumbed down and the same old bugs that's plagued the series for decades.

it will not be that bad but yes it will be full bugs on release. Bethesda are always good at that.

Soldato
Slightly related, but was there ever an update on the Jeremy Soule thing? Feels like it was social media smear then dropped?
The music is something that really helped make Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim special for me. Still listen to those soundtracks when doing work every so often.
If Bethesda wont be using him, I hope whoever they use can deliver the same standard of music.

Soldato
Yeah completely agree with you. Still cannot understand why everyone is hyped with Skyrim. The main storyline was too short, and everything around was "too macho" for "a special dragonborn guy".

i do agree there was a lot of "you're the chosen one" type of thing rather than feeling like you'd earned your way into fame/notoriety. and i'll admit lacking the karma/reputation impact that oblivion/the fallout games have going on where certain playstyles meant sacrificing certain questlines didn't help.

the idea that one character could be the heroic dragonslaying badass that saved the world twice (alduin&miraak), the honorable and skilled archmage, a noble companion (y'know, those guys that don't like magic), and accomplished general and yet also get away with consorting with daedra (including straight up cannibalism, murdering many people because some voice told them to and killing a goddamn dog), running around assassinating people and being a master thief all at the same time with nobody batting an eyelid is a bit weird.

You couldn't play a Khajiit or even a Breton and feel that you are in the right place. Only to play as Norse made sense.

tbf picking a non-dark elf in morrowind meant basically everyone hated you by default.

by comparison skyrim makes it pretty damn easy, ofc i suppose that's the point that pretty much any race can be used for any character type.

Soldato
i do agree there was a lot of "you're the chosen one" type of thing rather than feeling like you'd earned your way into fame/notoriety. and i'll admit lacking the karma/reputation impact that oblivion/the fallout games have going on where certain playstyles meant sacrificing certain questlines didn't help.

the idea that one character could be the heroic dragonslaying badass that saved the world twice (alduin&miraak), the honorable and skilled archmage, a noble companion (y'know, those guys that don't like magic), and accomplished general and yet also get away with consorting with daedra (including straight up cannibalism, murdering many people because some voice told them to and killing a goddamn dog), running around assassinating people and being a master thief all at the same time with nobody batting an eyelid is a bit weird.

tbf picking a non-dark elf in morrowind meant basically everyone hated you by default.

by comparison skyrim makes it pretty damn easy, ofc i suppose that's the point that pretty much any race can be used for any character type.

Had to read my initial post from 2018!!!!! you just quoted just to get the context :D

As someone who has played ESO since Jan 2014 beta, the bar is set very high for any future Elder Scrolls game. VERY HIGH.

Cannot play any single player ES game today and tried believe me. Not because they are single player, but because ESO has set the bar last 7 years.
Is my personal opinion some might say, but as wrote in 2018, Skyrim if you do not play a Norse fighting the Imperials you are out of place. It doesn't seem right.

Oblivion was superior game.

Soldato
Had to read my initial post from 2018!!!!! you just quoted just to get the context :D

takes longer than usual for the caffeine to kick in in the mornings :p

As someone who has played ESO since Jan 2014 beta, the bar is set very high for any future Elder Scrolls game. VERY HIGH.

not played eso, but what bits and bobs i've seen of it do look good.

Is my personal opinion some might say, but as wrote in 2018, Skyrim if you do not play a Norse fighting the Imperials you are out of place. It doesn't seem right.

funny i used to side with the imperials, until i decided to actually give morrowind a proper playthrough (just before my time) and ended up hating the dark elves :p

i do get where your coming from though.

Oblivion was superior game.

in certain respects i do agree (eg the whole karma system and not being the chosen one all the goddamn time)

but those faces man, nightmare fuel.....

Soldato
but those faces man, nightmare fuel.....

Potato faces :D

not played eso, but what bits and bobs i've seen of it do look good.

Installed 50+ mods two years ago to play Oblivion with improved graphics. Took days (literally) to install them one by one carefully. After couple of hours had removed the game.
Rather start a new character in Aldmeri Dominion in ESO for n-th time and wander around Auridon for 1000th+ hours.

Same applies to Skyrim.

You have to give ESO a try. Is B2P and has free weeks often. All quests are unique. World feels alive and you can play it as single player game, close the chat window and go offline/invisible mode.
Barely 2% of the game content need groups. Almost all the initial release group dungeons-quests can be done solo if you know your character how to play also. No need for some power creep META stuff as these are designed for groups. There are few classes better than others to solo eg Templar and just play as you like.

Just do the quests like in any ESO game and explore. Game is vast and if you like the ES Lore is a blast.

And if you do start my advice start with Aldmeri Dominion. The storyline is amazing full of twists for a newcomer not knowing what is happening and ofc you meet Razum-dar one of the best NPCs ever made in any game last 30 years gaming mostly RPGs and adventures :)

(I mostly play Khajiit they are my favourite race because of the looks and lore).

Associate
You have to give ESO a try. Is B2P and has free weeks often. All quests are unique. World feels alive and you can play it as single player game, close the chat window and go offline/invisible mode.
Barely 2% of the game content need groups. Almost all the initial release group dungeons-quests can be done solo if you know your character how to play also. No need for some power creep META stuff as these are designed for groups. There are few classes better than others to solo eg Templar and just play as you like.

Just do the quests like in any ESO game and explore. Game is vast and if you like the ES Lore is a blast.

And if you do start my advice start with Aldmeri Dominion. The storyline is amazing full of twists for a newcomer not knowing what is happening and ofc you meet Razum-dar one of the best NPCs ever made in any game last 30 years gaming mostly RPGs and adventures :)

(I mostly play Khajiit they are my favourite race because of the looks and lore).

Just to second everything Panos said. ESO may be online, but you don't need to play with others if you don't want to. It's a huge world and they keep adding to it. You can get the base game for around 7 euro on sale.

Soldato
I gave up on the company and moved on to other games long ago. I will be an old man when the next elder game hits the market

Back
Top Bottom