Windows 11 airlink/link hold off

Soldato
I upgraded my system to windows 11 and I know its not released until the 5th but the release candidate on insiders preview is the stable release.
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of upgrading on the 5th, id hold off abit.

Airlink/link is borked in windows 11, theres a major issue which drops frames and makes it unusable, there is a dirty workaround at the moment which im using involving the oculus debug tool but its not pretty.

Hopefully oculus will patch their software on the 5th! but who knows so id hold off upgrading if your a airlink/link user with the quest 2 until its confirmed working.

Soldato
OP
Spent hours troubleshooting this. Lots of people have lag issues until they use the dirty workaround but i finally fixed it..
Swapped the sound from oculus virtual driver to my computer speakers (can still hear through the headset) and it got rid of all the lag in windows 11!.
Couple of other people had similar issues and the sound swapping worked.
Just a heads up for everyone incase they get this issue when upgrading to windows 11, its worth swapping the sound output to your desktop.

Soldato
Spent hours troubleshooting this. Lots of people have lag issues until they use the dirty workaround but i finally fixed it..
Swapped the sound from oculus virtual driver to my computer speakers (can still hear through the headset) and it got rid of all the lag in windows 11!.
Couple of other people had similar issues and the sound swapping worked.
Just a heads up for everyone incase they get this issue when upgrading to windows 11, its worth swapping the sound output to your desktop.

Thanks Scooby. Will remember this if I have issues. Some people are having lag on windows 10, wonder will this work for them too?

Soldato
OP
I was using the autohotkey script but I found this sound issue and I now no longer need the console in focus hack. Strange how selecting the Oculus virtual driver in sound output caused major lag, switching to desktop sound output and lag was gone. Something weird going on in the Oculus software. Sure they will fix it but with anything to do with Oculus it could take time.

Back
Top Bottom