New World MMO

Associate
Ah yeah just realised, 35 quid,seems steep!

Unfortunately £35 is cheap for PC games these days. Unless it's a small studio or indie label of course.

There is a different pricing structure around the world and supposedly if you used a VPN to log in and buy it you could get it for as low as £8.22 currently : https://steamdb.info/app/1063730/

I'm not sure of anyone having actually done it but the theory is sound. The game is not region locked.

Caporegime
One thing that gets me about this game so far, is the lack of enemy diversity, I'm only level 20 but the humanoids are all the same haha.
yea all the enemy camps feel copy and pasted and there doesn't seem to be that many different enemy types in the game.

hopefully amazon consider this the bare essentials and get to work on improving the variety in the world that currently exists rather than rushing to an expansion or whatever and forgetting about the base game

Soldato
visible player tags apparently is a big hit on performance for some reason.

even high end machines set it to 5-10 apparently. I just set mine to 5 which is the group size anyway?

kinda weird since other mmos you can see dozens of name tags no problem

if you have msi afterburner try setting your power limit as low as it will go, change the priority arrow to it points towards power.

click the chain icon between power and temp so it's broken, downclock your card as low as afterburner lets you.

click the apply arrow, now go back to the game watch how much cooler your card runs but your almost guaranteed to get the exact same FPS. Make Sure You Turn Off Res Scaling, I think it was at the bottom of the visual settings

ALSO if your running afterburner it comes with rivatuner which lets you set an fps limit with 1 click and typing a number.
I keep setting mine to 5fps if I go afk or I'm in queue (I never AFK'ed for more than 45mins for the record and I just keppt coming back to the computer every 10 mins to press a button)

Have done the rivatuner 5fps thing and am now at 5-6% GPU usage :D, ta.

Man of Honour
A piece of good news is that the queues seem to have died down now , looking at New World Server Status & Population (newworldstatus.com) it looks like the very busy servers have had their caps raised from 2000 to 2250 and most of the other servers are now not hitting their 2000 cap anyway. All of which means that the queue times have dropped significantly. Part of that might also be that some people took release week off work to play at release and have now gone back to work this week, so might see some queueing again this evening if those <2000 servers hit cap again tonight

Associate
Anyone else notice a shortening of queues over the weekend? I got straight on last night rather than the usual 600 - 700 in queue.

Anyone else on Ishtakar server?

Associate
I am on Tanje, will be looking to move at some point though as it is mostly a CZ server from what I can see.

The company I am with are looking at moving and I may end up sticking with them.

Associate
I got fed up and made a new character in the end on a low pop server, makes the game much more enjoyable being able to actually play when you want too.

Think yesterday was the worse around 8pm with a 15min queue which is perfectly fine if it doesn't get worse then that.

Soldato
One thing that gets me about this game so far, is the lack of enemy diversity, I'm only level 20 but the humanoids are all the same haha.
I felt that but hit a few new areas and there are different enemies. The ghosts, gravediggers, druids etc..all the starter zones are just the pirate/skeleton mobs.

Soldato
Anyone else running out of sandpaper constantly? I have three towns loaded with materials that I'm stalled in converting as I just lack sandpaper. Opening every cache/urn/box I find :(

Also, would love the game to have another weapon that scaled with Focus as leveling the Life Staff is a pain. Fun game so far though.

Associate
You can use faction points to buy a Common Material Converter which will allow you to convert things like Sand Flux into Sandpaper where you have excess in another craft.

Caporegime
Anyone else running out of sandpaper constantly? I have three towns loaded with materials that I'm stalled in converting as I just lack sandpaper. Opening every cache/urn/box I find :(

Also, would love the game to have another weapon that scaled with Focus as leveling the Life Staff is a pain. Fun game so far though.
no but I take every mission in a town then go do them all at once and always open every chest I find.
some chests are so well hidden you can easily miss them.

as above poster says you can also do the conversion

Back
Top Bottom