Hermes (now rebranded to EVRi)! Why are they so good?!

Soldato
I don’t remember exactly how long home collection has been available but I think it’s well over a year. There’s a small charge, something around 70p but it costs me more than that in time and fuel to drive to the post office.

I last used it when I sold my old cpu on MM, had to take it to post office, was during covid era so not that long ago, I wonder if it was not rolled out nationally at the time or something.

Commissario
I last used it when I sold my old cpu on MM, had to take it to post office, was during covid era so not that long ago, I wonder if it was not rolled out nationally at the time or something.
I've just checked and it wasn't quite as long ago as I thought - They started doing it at the end of October last year.

Soldato

Indeed, and not just delivery drivers.

Many years ago, I used to be a Warehouse and Distribution manager for a household name company manufacturing DIY products for the home.

One of the transport companies I used had a glut of orders being short delivered, turns out the depot manager of said company had an arrangement with more than one of his drivers to resell the stolen goods on the side.

I'd known this guy for a few years as well, never imagined he was a thief.

Associate
Our local Hermes courier is really good. Friends have had abysmal service from Hermes including throwing packages onto a darn garage roof...

Don't get me started on Yodel though..

Soldato
My local Hermes is spot on, no complaints over the years. However yesterday a Hermes/Inpost courier delivered my parcel to the wrong address, the delivery picture shows some brown box in a bush, no door or door number lol.

I'm working with the seller to get an idea where it is, but their replies have dried up and I know from reading up if it comes to claiming eBay will reject any claims as it has a delivery picture.

So possibly £60 down,the cost of the item. The picture gives me nothing to go on, fingers crossed the resident will be good enough to drop it round to me.

Man of Honour
I come here not to put them down, nor laud them to the skies, BUT, yesterday Hermes delivered my wife’s anniversary gift, in plenty of time for me to hide it until Oct 17.
Couple of hours later they emailed me to say that the truck had been delayed, and I would not receive my parcel that day, sorry, they’ll reschedule.
Followed by another email saying that it would now be delivered in the week beginning Sep 20.
Go figure.

Soldato
OP
Hermes delivery today between 11,00 - 13.00 - Came up the drive behind us as we got home at 11.10 -never any problems with them since I started this thread. 10 -10

Soldato
You're seriously suggesting Hermes has an equivalent service to DPD?
Think it comes down to experiences, like with me Hermes has been nothing but problems, parcels not turning up, no one to contact if it goes wrong, no way to arrange for a different day to deliver... that's just delivering! Waiting for them to collect something is a whole other can of worms!

Meanwhile DPD, pretty much perfect every time. Tell them to leave it somewhere, they do exactly that. Probably helps as DPD drivers are technically self employed and their rating is really important.

Associate
I've had a lovely looking woman doing my deliveries/collections for a few months now.

Seriously can't fault her! As a Hermes employee she's good as well.. :)

Never any issues with parcels, although, she practically breaks my front door down every time she knocks!!

Soldato
I've tried multiple times to get Hermes to collect parcels (Amazon returns as well as booked myself via Parcels2Go) and they never, ever turn up; the tracker just gets updated with "Our courier told us you no longer require collection".

I also had a delivery from Hermes the other day where they dumped the parcel on my doormat and didn't bother to knock.

Soldato
I've tried multiple times to get Hermes to collect parcels (Amazon returns as well as booked myself via Parcels2Go) and they never, ever turn up; the tracker just gets updated with "Our courier told us you no longer require collection".

I also had a delivery from Hermes the other day where they dumped the parcel on my doormat and didn't bother to knock.

At least I got a knock. :)

Soldato
Sent with hermes again last week, they were a day late 4 days instead of 3 days, but delivered ok on 4th day, they taking photos now when they deliver and put on tracking.

Back
Top Bottom