*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
This is the build info that About shows for me currently, installed via the media creation tool, no other patches/mods. IIRC this is the build that will hit release tomorrow. If not then I'll rerun MCT again and update on top. Nothing anywhere on this says it's a preview or beta or anything. As far as I can see this is final.

0binfOl.jpg

I've already got used to the start menu which is fine, the slightly longer delay when right clicking folders and files before the context menu appears is annoying though. There must be a regedit entry for that...

You mean like this? https://www-tomshardware-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/how-to/windows-11-classic-context-menus?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM=#aoh=16332742535748&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=De %1$s&ampshare=https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/windows-11-classic-context-menus

Haven't tried it yet, ever since my gpu died I have been avoiding the desktop...

Man of Honour
Is there a way to make right click on the task bar to behave as it did in Windows 10? I quite often bring up Task Manager and it's annoying to have to aim for a small Windows icon on a 34" Ultrawide monitor.

Associate
Is there a way to make right click on the task bar to behave as it did in Windows 10? I quite often bring up Task Manager and it's annoying to have to aim for a small Windows icon on a 34" Ultrawide monitor.

No way to make the task bar small in win 11 unless you use a registry hack. dam big task bar, i like the small one.

Soldato
That was quick. USB drive created for a fresh install. Been running the insider preview with no issuesb ut always prefer a clean install for a new OS.
Done.. new install and all working ok so far, I'll finish with it tomorrow now but smooth sailing so far.
I'm sure the Microsoft servers will be getting hammered in a few hours time, luckily for us it was an early release

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just running through the in-place upgrade over the github mct version and this time I see no warning that my CPU is not supported. Interesting...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You should be using the media creation tool to create a USB drive with the installer on. The Upgrade Assistant tool just loads for a split second for me and goes away which is weird but the Media Creation tool works fine and creates the USB and can then launch setup off the USB drive then. USB then remains safe afterwards somewhere as you can boot off it etc for recovery/diagnostics or reinstall in future where needed.

I've just enabled typing suggestions/autocorrect which is kinda neat. been looking for this to be built in for ages and here we are!

Back
Top Bottom