Cheap vs Expensive Boxer Shorts

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
it's that time of year again. I need to get some new underwear. Does anyone know of a good place to get them from without costing the earth?

Amazon sells a 3 pack of Calvin Kleins for £25 but M&MDirect look to have the exact same ones (under a different name) for less than half.

I'm sure like work shirts (ctshirts) there is a place everyone goes to for decent boxers.

Thanks

Don't really rate CK stuff like that. Just a fashion brand you are paying more for the badge. Danish Endurance wicking boxers for example feel superior
and are either similarly priced or a bit cheaper. Clothing designed for a specific purpose by experts in that field rather than a fashion brand widening their portfolio.

Soldato
Price is no guarentee, i have found that current fashion boxer shorts are less comfortable that some basic old designs with simple materials and constructions

Soldato
I wait until I have at least three holes in a pair before I even consider replacing, if the balls don't drop through it's all good.

Soldato
Don't really rate CK stuff like that. Just a fashion brand you are paying more for the badge.

I've had some pairs of CKs for over 7 years. Only now are the material has warn thin. So they seem to be superb and the elastic hasn't failed compared to Jeff Banks, or others. I found that CKs simply fitted my body way better. They don't seem to be one design scaled so fit perfectly. ~£8/pair for over 7 years seems decent value for money given the fit too. They get used for sport and normal wear.

The Mrs has just bough some SAXX which have the tackle cup inside. They're comfy and don't cut into the groin. I don't know how long those will last but at £16/pair vs £8 for the CKs I would say the CKs still provide a better all around for the money.

Soldato
I use to wear CK but found they don’t last at all. I changed up to Ralph Lauren but they just didn’t feel comfortable, kept having to readjust. Then about 5 years ago I switched to UAs and haven’t looked back.

Wouldn’t mind trying the bamboo ones to see if they’re better, what’s everyone recommending? Step one?

Soldato
Discovered tokyo laundry boxers in the local TK Max a few years ago, been wearing them ever since. Grab a few new pairs each year for about £8 for two but tbh, they're generally hard wearing and probably have around 15 pairs or so now. Comfy, don't look terrible, although only the missus seeing me in them so not too fussed on the appearance :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My go to is a simple 3 pack of Primark boxers. I have nice CKs that I wear occasionally but for day to day work etc, I refuse to pay £25 a pair!

Soldato
Been wearing Bawbags for donkey's years now and they're super comfortable and a portion of the profit goes to Testicular Cancer charities. They do cotton ones or their Cool de Sacs which feature their Thermal Wicking Active Technology :D

Soldato
N/A - if you do running/cycling(commuting etc)/gym - boxers are pretty useless - so its the tighter polyvalent Y front type, options, all the way - M&S lycra cotton are good products.

bamboos a bit of an environmental gimmick if they don't last as long.
The recommendation in this research is to use the bamboo or Tencel yarns in the sole part because of high antimicrobial activity for both. By the way, the sole part of the socks has a high abrasion resistance and pilling grade, so this supports in using bamboo in spite of its low strength.
Because of the exposure of toe and heel for high pilling and abrasion actions; the recommendation is to use a Tencel material followed by cotton in these parts due to the relatively high tensile strength for both; so they could tolerate better.

Soldato
CK briefs have the best fit of anything I’ve found for me - I find anything fitted that goes down the thigh ala hip/boxer briefs bunches up my legs over time (the joys of training and it throwing off your waist/hip/thigh ratio) - although I only get the non-cotton stuff, especially for the gym. I only find the ‘good’ ones in TK Maxx irregularly though vs the ‘made for TK Maxx’ cheap stuff which makes up most of what you find in there, so it’s taking a while to build up a collection.

Got some Bjorn Borg and UniQlo stuff which is alright too, rest of it I’m just wearing till it goes then I’ll chuck it.

Soldato
Under Armour boxerjocks are great. I've also heard good things about Saxx and 2Undr which are similar but a bit pricier. I've order a pair of each to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom